Google Maps Overlay with TransDEM

WCRULEZ

I've been creating a Google Maps overlay with TransDEM, but I have had troubles exporting it into the game. I don't want any elevations or any of that, just the map overlay. I've looked at the manual and forums for help, but looking at them just makes me more confused. Any help?

I've been creating a Google Maps overlay with TransDEM, but I have had troubles exporting it into the game. I don't want any elevations or any of that, just the map overlay. I've looked at the manual and forums for help, but looking at them just makes me more confused. Any help?

If you don't want any elevations, but a clear map asset that you can place on a baseboard, move it about to suit correct positioning; then why not use Basemapz which is compatible with Trainz.

I've found printouts of Google Earth maps are not sharp and far too dark, so I use 'Whereis.com' maps which show railway lines and roads that are sharp and clear.

I zoom to 200m, print, then scan and save in jpg format. Import that to Basemapz,... it renders it and produces either a baseboard route with map embedded, or a map asset, or both. I generally delete the baseboard route because I don't want to clog up my computer.

Check it out.

Cheers,
Roy

Or the other option is to save your overlay as a .bmp file, manually assign co-ordinates (maintaining the correct dimensions) to each corner which are over the sea and export from the relevant DEM (I did this for model railway style routes before BasemapZ came out).

Open your georeferenced image(s) in TransDEM and then create a "New DEM" with the TransDEM command of the same name. This will be flat by nature. Proceed as with a proper DEM.

that is all interesting I have to learn how to do all this is there any tutorials anywhere??? I have a lot of layout to do.

Back