GMax and 3DSMax (And any other modeling program) screenies/renders

CP RS-18 Texture WIP
hx7s.jpg

Last edited:
SpeedTree 7.0 Education and Results

Just Some Education Development For Future Use.
Very, Very, Happy with the results.
Took Out The Collision Physics for the screenshot. :D
Sorry for large screenshot, but necessary to show the depth of the results.

1897737_782674338430901_5722004885004527107_n.jpg

Last edited:
Sadly will not work with Trainz SpeedTree Version Code and could do a lot more to the tree for more appeal.
But this work will not be wasted. I showcased to show my improved skills I can implement in the future.
This was just a two hour adventure to learn, and learn I did. :wave:

My opinion is: "This is a REAL SPEEDTREE" at Trainz Poly Requirements.
This work may not be a total waste, but I have yet to develop the processes necessary for the Trainz SpeedTree Version to have similar but in no way equal quality.

Last edited:
Most complicated logo i have ever made to date 16 or so layer's man i need a beer.
4e7fd001d68954f89694d9629cce0418.jpg

Cheers Mick.:)

Last edited:
Thanks fella's Nicky these were from back in the day when wagons were mostly loaded by hand. They would of slid sum rails just above head height in thru those door's and slid the meat along and into the van. And then they pumped CO2 in thru that inlet on the side to keep it at temp.
Cheers Mick.

I have absolutely no idea Chance LOL they were on the plan mate so i threw em in there, I think a lot of our early stuff out here including loco's had those push pin thingy ma bobbers hangen of each end and thanks.
Cheers Mick.

Hi Mick
These wagons date, from what I remember (I did see some reference on them a couple of years ago), to the era when the NSWGR still had many hook/chain/screwlink/buffer stock (much like the UK had) running alongside knuckle/auto coupled stock. During the 'transition' between coupler types, rolling stock would be fitted with auto couplers that had a 3-link chain attached to the top of the auto coupler, and buffers. My VR 'WT' wagon for TS2009 is a good example of this. This allowed you to couple any wagon with any wagon, to a degree. In particular, most NSWGR steam locomotives retained the older couplers (especially smaller/older locos).

Buffers also have the advantage of taking much of the slack out of the train, something that auto couplers don't handle overly well. I believe this is the reason so many NSWGR diesel locos retained the buffers even though they couldn't couple to hook/chain stock.

Just one of the awesome little eccentricities of Aussie railways :)

Zec

Yeah Zec i only have a couple of old black and white pic's and one colour pic which i made the logo from and that took most of the day and i couldn't see any chain's or the hook things ya talking about although there is another later version of these wagons built without the buffer thingy's. I'll have to check out your VR "WT" then and see what's invloved, Anything too difficult i'd rather try and avoid like the plague mate LOL.
Cheers Mick.

Do in-game renders count? The textures are still in WIP stages but the mesh is pretty much done, I did this by eye because I could not get any dimensional data and I think it turned out pretty good. *NOTE: I may do a route for this asset if I get bored enough.
312eabf19440f67bcba19ee23c3dcb13.jpg

Back