Ghost Towns

klambert

Ca Plane Pour Moi
Dont you notice the amount of routes that have no people apart from passengers at stations. On my routes I try to put many people doing diffeerent things for example, Watching a train come in to the Station, walking along a path, even loading things into a van!. Route Creators ADD MORE PEOPLE!!

It's always Sunday afternoon in my routes, all the shops are shut so everyone's either at the pub or at home!:)
Jazza

Fair enough, trouble is with me I end up going nuts with placing the people and it ends up looking like a town centre at Lunchtime on a saturday.

In my routes no one has any money, so they all stay home and watch TV!

Seriously though, it's a brilliant observation, and I'm sure it's because it seems rather odd to have children at the ice cream truck at 3AM, or mowing their lawns! It takes a bit of expertise to make a daylight/night scene that does not jar the user.

I suppose if you are loading something into a van at night, you might just be a thief!:D

Walking People Spline

I would like to see people walking around like does auto traffic, I don't think would be so hard to make a spline for this for those that have the know how! there are some people that walk in circles, but is just not the same.

This is the place for walking people: http://neoklai.ucoz.ru/load/ - loads of animated stuff, and a superb selection of people walking, talking (well gesticulating anyway), drinking, smoking, eating sweets, and even kids playing. They really bring life to a scene - I used them quite a bit in my Bridgehampton Metro South mini-route.

Paul

In my routes no one has any money, so they all stay home and watch TV!

Seriously though, it's a brilliant observation, and I'm sure it's because it seems rather odd to have children at the ice cream truck at 3AM, or mowing their lawns! It takes a bit of expertise to make a daylight/night scene that does not jar the user.

I suppose if you are loading something into a van at night, you might just be a thief!:D

I'm too weird to make a night time session because of the lack of good looking traffic with headlights. Of course my preferred era of 1930 to 1960 doesn't help.

Troubled

This is the place for walking people: http://neoklai.ucoz.ru/load/ - loads of animated stuff, and a superb selection of people walking, talking (well gesticulating anyway), drinking, smoking, eating sweets, and even kids playing. They really bring life to a scene - I used them quite a bit in my Bridgehampton Metro South mini-route.

Paul
looks very nice, but I cannot read it and I am not finding a download link!

Got ya!

The panel bar on the left is bilingual - the downloads are categorised there...

This should take you straight to the people: http://neoklai.ucoz.ru/load/2

Paul
Thanks, I saw that part. And found the links, guess I just wasn't looking in the right place. Now there is a problem opening my sessions! They worked not too long ago! i am not sure what the problem is, guess is time to make a new one.

Moving people do look great and I understand it will be a feature of MSTS 2 whenever it's released. Some months back before TRS 2009 was released I found some videos about a new light rail system being built in Queensland Australia, my home state. It's also the home of Auran so I was really hoping these videos were made with a pre-release of TRS2009. Not so.

The videos have since been removed from the Govenrment site, but I had made copies. I've posted them tonight so that you can look at them and hopefully enjoy. They not only show moving people, but also show how a few people placed in different places can bring life to your layout. Please take a look or right click to download if you want to save them. They are 7 meg, 10 meg, and 7 meg apiece. Here's the link Enjoy!

Consider placing people in car parks, a couple outside shops, waiting at phone booths, walking along streets even if the streets are nowhere near the railway. There are many places people congregate day and night.

Moin,

Kent, the first category on Neoklai´s site in "Downloads" is "people". There you should found the animated persons.

What catigory and what name? Sorry, I do not read russian.

That second link should take you straight into the page with people. Above each picture there is a link in Russian (some also in English) that opens a second page. Above the picture in that page is the download link itself, generally in Russian, but with a file size next to it, indicating that it's a download. I don't speak a word of Russian either, but it's not a hard site to navigate, as it's fairly logical, and contains a lot of English. The one word I have gleaned is that 'Пак' means 'pack'.

Paul

Dear o deary me!

If you were to visit the Trainz Resources Directory, especially this page, most of your problems will be resolved. Firstly there's a link to the Russian site with excellent English translation, then there is a tutorial on how to navigate the site and download stuff. The listings have been there for over a month now.

One day I may create a link to the moving people downloads, but my policy is to encourage people to visit an entire web site, not just specific components.

BTW Many foreign language sites are now available with English translation through the directory. I'll be doing an update either tonight or tomorrow with many more.

Folks, if you make a habit of visiting the Trainz Resources Directory whenever you're looking for something, you'll probably find it listed. Although far from complete, it does already cover more that 150 Trainz community sites, hundreds of tutorials and thousands of drawings and plans. Just a drop in the bucket I know, but I do work alone and I am working on it! We're about to crack the 50,000 page visits mark soon and the countdown only started in March.

Last edited:
Back