Getting Rid of Payware Routes

jordon412

33 Year Old Railfan
I want to remove several payware routes that are taking up space on my Hard Drive that I'm just not using and I don't want to deal with having to download them every time I start up Trainz. I want to remove TRS19 Canadian Rocky Mountains - Viktor Lake to Ross Peak & Glacier, Canadian Rocky Mountains - Rogers Pass, TRS19 Canadian Rocky Mountains Beavermouth to Ottertail, and Canadian Rocky Mountains Ottertail to Castle Jct. and their required sessions. Does this require administrator-level access, or can I do this myself?

Last edited:
You'll start by going to where Trainz is storing your content (this can be viewed from settings > install tab) and then enter the packages folder.
From there, you'll want to locate the DLC ID and delete all folders containing the same ID (example is sc450, sc540a, sc450b, etc) and then issue a database update so it removes the false advertised content that Trainz thinks it has, but in reality it doesn't.

Any content used from those DLC's will show up as missing / unknown assets.

For the DLC complete listing, please see this webpage: http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/Help:In-game_Downloading#Complete_DLC_Listing

Cheers

I haven't been in the forums much today, been Trainzing myself.

Removing a DLC route has to be done carefully. You need to ensure you're not using the dependencies from that route in your routes, otherwise, you'll end up on a KUID hunt and have to replace those assets.

To prevent the redownload after removing the routes, you need to be careful when downloading assets unless you have Platinum and above. With the new Content Store, you can add and remove payware/DLC routes easily and not worry about downloading them again in error.

To remove a DLC route from TRS2019, non-Platinum and up, you need to find the package number. Go to the Packages folder where your content is installed - i.e. C:\users\(your name)\App Data\Local\N3V Games\trs19\some-build-number.

some-build-number = build with a bunch of numbers.

The package number is usually accompanied by a suffix - a letter such as SCC371, SCC371a, b, c, etc. (This is a made up number and not necessarily any particular one).

Once the folders have been removed, you need to run a database repair in order to remover any reference to that folder in-game, otherwise, things get weird.

Hope that helped.

How can I delete the packages folder, it doesn't give me an option.

You can't delete the packages folder because that's part of the program. You can empty the contents of the folder.

Once emptied, you have to run a database repair.

Also you definitely can't delete the packages folder found in C:/Program Files/N3V Games/TRS19. These folders contain your base content and deleting the folders here will break everything!

Back