Fox Mountain and Little River Railroad's (MPish)

All ready found and squashed one bug. But I fear I might have to keep the mallet out a bit longer. Download and install the one file, the download and install THIS ONE, overwriting any thing it asks.

Well i'm not seeing any problems yet, other than me derailing my entire train. I was spending more time looking out my window at the fantastic details and pushed 5 boxcars, 3 tank cars, and my locomotive off the track...

Ive added your module Trainsim. But I'm waiting on word form Dap about a fix to CMTMS3 and 4. Right now you can only have 99 ECS records before things break. I have well over that number in the latest version of the system.

In the mean time, I have taken your SCR module, and made some changes. Ive turned it into a nice little stand alone single player CMTMS route and session.

Hi JIb,

Was taking the route and session for a little spin tonight and the 4 track crossing at Lewiston failed to activate when I rolled through it.

None the less great route,
Jordan

Some thing I have all ready taken note of and fixed. A lot of the areas you see that are snicked and nicely done, are done by other members of our little group here. Some times when adding thier modules, things like ATLS crossing break.

Hi JIb,

Was taking the route and session for a little spin tonight and the 4 track crossing at Lewiston failed to activate when I rolled through it.

None the less great route,
Jordan

My scenery module became one I lost interest in and sent "AS IS" to JIB228. That signal I did not do the Crossing Activation Setup.

I love how this, what started out as a "Lets see what I can do" project on afternoon as taken on a life of its own. We have people making modules for the route. We have people re-skining locomotives and rolling stock for the route. And now some one on Team Speak has made this:

Draft_zps4c399a85.png

(This is just a early version of what he made. He says he's going to do LRR too.)

According to Dap, the problem I was experiencing in testing is an easy fix. I just need to cont all the ECS records. For those who dont know the inner workings of CMTMS, let me explain. There are different records that can be assigned to a car. Local records, thru records, and ECS records. I dont worry about the thru records for FMR&LRR. Local records are what you see when you look at a car when its all ready at an industry at the start of a session. ECS records are what you get to assign to the cars in the yards. Part of my set up is to have more ECS records then there are cars in the yard at start up. This way each time you assign cars in the yard, you can change how the whole day, or even week will play out. The problem is, if there are too many ECS records, I guess CMTMS breaks down. And I think that's the problem I am having at the moment with CMTMS4. Dap said he should have an update out for that. But Ill still make sure to reduce the number of ECS records.

This right here will quite possibly be the last beta files before I release. Still some thing I want to add and might change.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzViFmroBUm-VkRRb2ZsVVhreXM/edit?usp=sharing

Really could use the feed back too. Things id like to know:

How dong did it take you to switch each yard?
How long did it take you to switch out all the industries?
Should the car timers, how long the cars sits at an industry be changed?
What else should be added/removed? (Dont say locomotives, they will all be there in the MP session. This is just a test, that's why I only have the 2.)

Last edited:
I'm going to take a vote for the next generation of my modules: Should I continue with my mountain range. Or rebuild it in to a more plains for farming?

If I do rebuild I will add the same industries as before and a little more detailed landscape.

If you keep going south with your SCR modules, its more hills. (Assuming you intend for this to parallel Little River.) Remember, this is a loosely Michigan Based route. So hills, not mountains.

Well... I have hit a dead end again with the SCR. I might decide to move it somewhere else or abandon it.
Oh and had a train derailment on LRR.
trainsim1995_20140109_0001_zps24af73d1.jpg

Also added a Defect Detector and radiation scanner.
trainsim1995_20140109_0003_zpsd6357a84.jpg

Last edited:
This right here will quite possibly be the last beta files before I release. Still some thing I want to add and might change.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzViFmroBUm-VkRRb2ZsVVhreXM/edit?usp=sharing

Really could use the feed back too. Things id like to know:

How dong did it take you to switch each yard?
How long did it take you to switch out all the industries?
Should the car timers, how long the cars sits at an industry be changed?
What else should be added/removed? (Dont say locomotives, they will all be there in the MP session. This is just a test, that's why I only have the 2.)

Jib,

I really think you should use a spreadsheet program (like OpenOffice Calc) to check your soup before using it. Found a bunch of errors. Example "4Home_Depot" and extra "x's" at the end ECS records.

After fixing the errors, I then got the issue report above about assigning one record and the car getting something else.

Rick

Jib,

I really think you should use a spreadsheet program (like OpenOffice Calc) to check your soup before using it. Found a bunch of errors. Example "4Home_Depot" and extra "x's" at the end ECS records.

After fixing the errors, I then got the issue report above about assigning one record and the car getting something else.

Rick

Found the Home Depot error. But I'm not seeing any extra X's. As far as I'm aware, you need to have a second destination. Even when sending a car to an ECS track with a local record.

So a record for a car starting on an industry and going right to an ECS track should look some thing like this:

cmtm0 "1234567,PortalLR,XBG,x,Home Depot,ECSFM,empty,x,x,x,x,x,x"

Where the last 3 X's would be the second destination if it had one.

When sending a car to an ECS track you also need to have it load status and time listed as X's. At least as far as I know. So this:

cmtm33 "1234567,PortalLR,XBG,x,Mortomine MFG,Home Depot_LR,load,x,4,ECSLR,empty,x,x"

Is what they should look like.

As for the spread sheet. I tried that and it just bogged me down. Yea it might help prevent errors, but it added 30 minuets of unnecessary reformatting of the text. Its just easier for me to type out the date soup right in a text document.

I fixed that one Home Depot issue, but got no errors.

Found the Home Depot error. But I'm not seeing any extra X's. As far as I'm aware, you need to have a second destination. Even when sending a car to an ECS track with a local record.

So a record for a car starting on an industry and going right to an ECS track should look some thing like this:

cmtm0 "1234567,PortalLR,XBG,x,Home Depot,ECSFM,empty,x,x,x,x,x,x"

Where the last 3 X's would be the second destination if it had one.

When sending a car to an ECS track you also need to have it load status and time listed as X's. At least as far as I know. So this:

cmtm33 "1234567,PortalLR,XBG,x,Mortomine MFG,Home Depot_LR,load,x,4,ECSLR,empty,x,x"

Is what they should look like.

As for the spread sheet. I tried that and it just bogged me down. Yea it might help prevent errors, but it added 30 minuets of unnecessary reformatting of the text. Its just easier for me to type out the date soup right in a text document.

I fixed that one Home Depot issue, but got no errors.

Cut from the orginal soup.

cmtm12 "1234567,PortalLR,XHT,x,Dillard Grain,Gern Ind_FM,load,grain-hp,4,ECSLR,empty,x,x"
cmtm13 "1234567,PortalLR,XBG,x,Deans Foods,ECSFM,empty,x,x,x,x"

Either you need the extra "x's" or you don't. DAP would have to say.

cmtm149 "1234567,ECSFM,XG,x,x,Price Shipping_HIR,empty,x,4Home Depot_LR,load,x,4,ECSLR,empty,x,x"

cmtm223 "1234567,ECSLR,XG,x,x,Price Shipping_HIR,empty,x,4Home Depot_LR,load,x,4,ECSLR,empty,x,x"

I see 2 that need correction.

Just loading the soup into the spreadsheet and then editing in notepad would catch these.

Also isn't "Jets Mgf" on Little River and not Fox Mountain?

cmtm137 "1234567,ECSFM,XBG,x,x,Jets MFG_FM,empty,x,4,Price Shipping_HIR,load,x,4,ECSLR,empty,x,x"

As far as editing the csv file, I used the "replace" feature, but I agree its a pain.

Rick

Hey Jib,

2 of the cars that can be picked up at Dow chem have a destination "Robertsons Henderson A" and "Robertsons Henderson B" however the trackmarks which they are required to go to are simply called "Henderson A" and "Henderson B"

Hey Jib,

2 of the cars that can be picked up at Dow chem have a destination "Robertsons Henderson A" and "Robertsons Henderson B" however the trackmarks which they are required to go to are simply called "Henderson A" and "Henderson B"

Thanks for catching that. Fixed it on my end.

Ok, the update has been sent to the DLS. I had to remove some ECS records, they where causing issues. As a result, there are fewer cars on the layout. In the next few weeks I might have a small update for the database to add more to the records.

Back