Flickering white line on screen

WCL

Canadian National
Anyone have an issue with a white line flickering in front of the screen when moving around on a map?

Do you have any other program that uses the GPU so you can see if it's the GPU or something with Trainz?
I run other sims and they seem to work just fine, funny thing is, it only comes and goes once in a while when one is on Trainz and its funny cause it just started today doing it and before I never had this issue, like now I have been running for a while and it dont show up, but now it just did and comes for a bit and then goes away

And I only see it does it to the one route, so does that mean it's an asset that is causing the issue? If so, how does one find out what asset it is??

Possibly an overheating issue? Do you have a temperature app that could tell you the CPU and GPU temperature?

Possibly an overheating issue? Do you have a temperature app that could tell you the CPU and GPU temperature?
No, that stays all cool, the issue dont come up on others routes, just the one I recently made, could it be a faulty asset thats causing the issue? if so, how does one find out what asset it is?

No, that stays all cool, the issue dont come up on others routes, just the one I recently made, could it be a faulty asset thats causing the issue? if so, how does one find out what asset it is?
Yes. A faulty asset can cause this. I had that once with a building sending out spike-things periodically.

how does one find out what asset it is?
Usually by a slow process of trial and error with no guarantees of success.

I would use Content Manager to list all the dependencies of the route and session (the faulty asset could be in either). Then sort the list in size order from the largest down as the larger assets, especially those created using SketchUp, are often the most likely culprit.

Then the fun begins.
  1. In Content Manager disable the first 10 (or more) assets on the list.
  2. Reload the route and check for the white line. Ignore the "Missing Assets" warnings.
  3. If the line is still present, then enable those disabled assets and disable the next group.
  4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 above until the white line no longer appears.
When (if) the line disappears then the faulty asset is most likely in the last group of disabled assets.
  1. Enable the first of those disabled assets
  2. Reload the route and check for the while line.
  3. If the line has not reappeared then repeat steps 1 and 2 for the next disabled asset and so on until the white line reappears
When (if) it reappears after enabling an asset then you have most likely found the offending asset (which may not actually be a visible asset).

Last edited:
I have the same issue on my old Windows 7 laptop! This was caused by opening and closing the lid, the connector from the screen to the motherboard became worn over time. This maybe an issue you could be having 'If, of course you are using a laptop. And regularly open and close the lid'.

If it's not that! It's your GPU as previously suggested above.

Yeah, now only thing is, it wont be doing it now, and trying to find the spot where it makes it pop up, I just dont get it and understand that it just comes and goes when it wants to and pops up periodically

That's called tech-effect. When you start troubleshooting a problem, it'll usually disappear and go into hiding and reappear when you least expect it. This also causes problems to go away when the tech walks into an office to look at a problem the user put a ticket in for.

In all seriousness, what's different from today than yesterday or the day before?

Any content updates?

Did you rotate or move an asset? I've had that occur too because now you never know who caused the problem in the first place unless the problem occurs again without going through the long process of elimination method.

Back