Firefox 2.0.0.12

big_b

Anyone having trouble with this version of Firefox.I was on this forum & had to go out for awhile so I closed off Firefox.When I reopened it,it was as though it was the first time it had been opened after installing it.I got all the welcome messages,Do you want to import etc.All my Bookmarks were gone all my options,download managers were reset back to an original install ( all gone )

My CMP was locked up for awhile also .

last time
http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?t=22538&page=3

This is the second time in a couple of weeks this has happened I had no problems with earlier versions of Firefox

--snip--

This is the second time in a couple of weeks this has happened I had no problems with earlier versions of Firefox

Ever since the upgrade, Firefox has been acting weird in many ways, according to what people are saying. I'm getting a constant unresponsive script error on starting which I've not been able to solve, and the browser tends to crash when certain pages are viewed. I'm thinking of reverting to a previous version.

And I thought it was just an oddity on my PC - I had it refuse to download and to threaten to block all images from Auran for some reason. Hopefully they will update it again soon.

Dave Bird

I use Firefox and keep it updated to the latest version. I have not experienced any of the problems I read about. One of its great virtues is that it will prevent outside sources from downloading and installing onto your computer without your knowledge. In the case of something it cannot stop, it will simply disconnect and close down - to keep you safe.

The other side of this coin is that you have to allow things to happen. If you are having problems getting stuff downloaded, go carefully through your settings and make sure the problem is not something you have set (or failed to set) in the Tools menu. Good software usually does what it is told to do - not what we think we told it to do!

I hope I have been helpful. I would like others to enjoy Firefox as much as I do.

Peter

Last edited:
I had similar problems in 2.0.0.12, like the random crashes, but I deleted the cache files (leaving the top four behind), and cleared private data, and that seemed to help. It may be that Firefox 2.0.0.12 has issues with "bugged" cache files, and clearing the data helps fix the issue.

Chris

I have had few of the problems mentioned.

However, I advise going into tools -> options -> Privacy, and disabling the first three check boxes, and then telling firefox to only keep cookies until you close firefox, and then clearing private data (go into the options on that and make sure that all the options apart from any add-on ones and the saved passwords option are checked. Then tell firefox not to ask you before clearing private data.

This should, apart from making firefox the most secure freeware browser that I know about, should fix your problem.

Back