Lack of displayed messages and trains

peeet2005

Hello!
I've asked a similar question before, but there were no specific answers. This applies to the TRS19 Platinum 117009 version. No messages are displayed in driver mode and no trains are visible in the map preview. It doesn't matter whether they are driving or standing at stations somewhere. This is strange because until recently these trains were visible on the map. Now they are gone and I can't find the cause.
The lack of displayed messages is also quite troublesome. If, for example, there is no switch lever somewhere on the map, the train does not move and finding where it is often takes a lot of time.
The third issue is the sudden stop of the game in driver mode. The train is moving and suddenly the image freezes. The game does not respond to anything and in the Windows 10 process preview it shows 0% CPU and about 4.5 GB of RAM used (for a specific map).
Maybe someone has already had similar situations and found the reason for such problems. Maybe you need to reinstall the game? And won't it delete my Local folder where I have 130 GB of add-ons?
I would be grateful for any advice.

You should definitely reinstall the program and no, you won't lose anything.

Since the uninstaller doesn't work properly, you need to brute-force remove the program by deleting the Trainz Railroad Simulator 2019 folder from C:\Program Files\N3V Games\.

You will have to click OK for admin permissions to remove the folder.

Once deleted...

Reinstall TRS19. Take the defaults and skip the video configuration.

Once the installation is completed, start TRS19 using the option provided in the installer.

Click on the Install tab.
Click on the ...

A File Manager window will open up...

Browse to where your data folder is located.
Click on it.
Click Select.

The program will restart, and if all went well, your original data will be there and your username and password will populate the Internet fields.

Once everything is installed, you MUST run an EDR since there have been major crashes.

At the Launcher, click on the Developer menu item and CTRL+click on Repair database.

The process will take some time...

Once completed, go into Content Manager.

Look for Faulty assets.
If there are any faulty assets, not missing dependencies, right click on the assets and choose view errors and warnings.

The reason for this is sometimes the content needs to be revalidated after a database repair. The asset may be flagged faulty but it's not and one way to clear this is to view the errors.

You will have to refresh the screen and to do this change the view to something else such as download station and then go back to faulty assets. If there is anything left that's faulty, you will need to delete, repair, or replace the assets.

I did as you advised, but it looks like the problem lies somewhere else. Despite the new installation, the driver's messages are still not visible. Trains are also not visible on the map. The culprit here is probably some information stored in the files and not in the program itself. I will try to change the Local folder to a completely new one - only with built-in add-ons. If it works, only then will I add other additions and other maps. The only problem is that I have a 1TB disk and the entire Trainz folder takes up almost 600 GB.

Before you do that, are the map options set for consists?

Click on the map options, which are no longer on the map and are now on the view menu - the one that looks like a floppy disk icon towards the right, to set what you want to see.

Messages can be enabled or disabled under the gear located above the driver image. You can turn on message history too, an option I find extremely useful especially when searching for missing levers.

Thank you for the quick answer and as it turned out, I did not have the map option turned on to show consists. So this problem is solved, but for the message it is not. I know where these messages are supposed to appear, but when I click on the arrow next to the gear wheel, nothing happens. Only the arrow changes direction. I also use the SP1 and T:ANE versions from time to time and everything works fine in those versions. It must be disabled somewhere, but I can't find it myself.
Regards!

I thought the reason must be the LOCAL folder. I created a new empty folder and launched the game. I installed several original routes and turned one of them into driver mode. And it turned out that all the messages appeared! So the diagnosis of a damaged Local folder is confirmed. So now I will have to copy my routes and dependencies and it should be ok!
As for this old Local folder, it is a folder created probably during the first version of TRS19, and perhaps even in T:ANE. That is, as I use newer versions of Trainz, I simply adopted this folder from older versions. Maybe somewhere this is causing some functions to malfunction.
If I may ask, how to recreate lists of favorite add-ons in contant search filter?
I have already saved quite a lot of them and with the new Local folder I will have to set everything up again.

Last edited:
I thought the reason must be the LOCAL folder. I created a new empty folder and launched the game. I installed several original routes and turned one of them into driver mode. And it turned out that all the messages appeared! So the diagnosis of a damaged Local folder is confirmed. So now I will have to copy my routes and dependencies and it should be ok!
As for this old Local folder, it is a folder created probably during the first version of TRS19, and perhaps even in T:ANE. That is, as I use newer versions of Trainz, I simply adopted this folder from older versions. Maybe somewhere this is causing some functions to malfunction.
If I may ask, how to recreate lists of favorite add-ons in contant search filter?
I have already saved quite a lot of them and with the new Local folder I will have to set everything up again.
Your thought is spot on and makes perfect sense because something must've become mushy along way with the intervening years. I'm sure many of us have issues that are unexplainable due to the same reason with some of us having data folders containing content from the early days of Trainzing. I know I do with content in there from my earliest TRS2004 days. I recently did a bit of clean-up but it's so tedious and very difficult to do due to the intertwining dependencies.

You can save pick-lists but not the favorites unfortunately.

To save the pick-lists, open them up in Content Manager and export the contents to CDPs.

I reinstalled all the assets and routes, but as with Trainz, not everything is OK. When I fix one thing, something else breaks down. This time the textures on the maps are broken. Previously I had no problems mixing regular and PBR textures. They mixed together nicely. And now what was there before has returned, namely artifacts on the borders of various textures. This is especially noticeable near the tracks and I will probably have to improve the ballast again. What's more, artifacts appear even on the same texture but with different densities and

pbr.png

PBR & non-PBR textures don't mix. I believe if you turn on compatibility mode the game will try it's best to make it work, but in general avoid mixing them.

You can remove this "special effect" by lowering your shader settings in the performance tab under the Trainz settings on the Launcher to "Basic".

Basic used to be standard prior to the latest service packs, but is exactly the same as standard. What this does is allow the PBR textures to coexist with the 2d textures without the track and splines having weird shadows underneath and textures to appear like scum on ponds when the mix together. The drawback is you lose the 3d-effect found in the PBR textures but I found I can live without it because that too has its own issues including what I refer to as jellyfish guts that is clearly visible when PBR textures are placed on steep slopes.

Back