Finnish Screenshots (Large Images!)

juhis

So, I created this thread where you can post any finnish related stuff.
VR%20Sr2.JPG

VR Sr2 and Freight wagons.

WHERE IS ALL OF THE POST!?!?
I'm getting tired of this silence, but if there is no posts, I will quit posting screenshots!

Uh, Juhis you didnt realise when you made this thread that the General public doesnt like Finnish Railways.. right?
Thats why there are no screenshots.
Sorry, i have no interest in finnish railways either. You might have better luck in the finnish section of the forums.
Cheers.
Sean

Uh, Juhis you didnt realise when you made this thread that the General public doesnt like Finnish Railways.. right?
Sorry, i have no interest in finnish railways either. You might have better luck in the finnish section of the forums.
Cheers.
Sean
Actually, I was angry about you, because you make me stressed!
I Will continue to use Trainz Railroad Simulator 2006.

You've given it three days so far at a quiet time of the year wait until people find out where it is. You might do better in the Finnish forum since there will probably be a few more people with an interest in Finnish rail there.

If it helps I sometimes get no reaction when I post a screen shot in the UK screen shot thread.

I'd also suggest editing your posts to remove any suggestion of impatience, use edit and drop in a few more screens shots. People may avoid a thread that has such comments.

By the way do you know of any people in winter clothing?

Thanks John

Cheers.
Sean

It's not that people don't like Finnish railways, it's just that most people in General screenshots forum are American/British. It's just called lack of interest, rather than not liking Finnish trains.

I happen to like Finnish trains, as I am a railfan. I have a broad interest in rail.

Juhis, I think as people have rightly pointed out you would have been better off posting in the Finnish forum. The other alternative is to post Finnish shots in the Euro thread.

Hello Juhis, as others have already stated quite correctly, it is Christmas for all trainzers and a lot of them are not reading the forum at the moment for a few days. I thought your screenshot was lovely, but there are virtually no layouts that I know of, on the DLS, from your country. I also have that locomotive and it would be nice to run it on a route within Finland somewhere. There seems to be a lack of these types of routes from all Scandinavian countries, Norway, Sweden and Finland. I do not know of any 3rd party sites where we can see routes from Finland, maybe you can help us if you know of any please. If there was, then I, and quite a few other Trainzers would be more interested. If you have the time to create one for us and upload it to the DLS, I'm sure you would get a more positive reaction. If this is your route you are making, then it is excellent picture, please carry on if you want to, now that you have a bit more encouragement from some of us.....

Cheerz. ex-railwayman. Happy New Year. :wave:

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnwhelan
By the way do you know of any people in winter clothing?

Well, I don't know.:eek:

One of the American modelers was looking for people in winter coats, they have a few feet of snow over here in the winter so people in winter coats etc may well look the same.

Cheerio John

Hello Juhis, as others have already stated quite correctly, it is Christmas for all trainzers and a lot of them are not reading the forum at the moment for a few days. I thought your screenshot was lovely, but there are virtually no layouts that I know of, on the DLS, from your country. I also have that locomotive and it would be nice to run it on a route within Finland somewhere. There seems to be a lack of these types of routes from all Scandinavian countries, Norway, Sweden and Finland. I do not know of any 3rd party sites where we can see routes from Finland, maybe you can help us if you know of any please. If there was, then I, and quite a few other Trainzers would be more interested. If you have the time to create one for us and upload it to the DLS, I'm sure you would get a more positive reaction. If this is your route you are making, then it is excellent picture, please carry on if you want to, now that you have a bit more encouragement from some of us.....

Cheerz. ex-railwayman. Happy New Year. :wave:
Well, That is built-in route in TRS2006.
Well, I live in finland, and I love all sorts of locomotives, but mostly diesel locomotives.

ok, i should've reinstated my reason. Most people here in the screenshot forum are focused around british/american rail, so there may not be a interest in Finnish railways. But give it time, some might hop in and post. Things dont get popular once you post them, it takes time!:p :cool:
Cheers,
Sean

Not much interest in anything other than UK/US content in the Auran community really.

That's precisely the reason why I go to foreign sites where there is no "Americanism". When I go to Polish, Russian, German sites, I'm escaping the rat race.:p

Not much interest in anything other than UK/US content in the Auran community really.

That's precisely the reason why I go to foreign sites where there is no "Americanism". When I go to Polish, Russian, German sites, I'm escaping the rat race.:p

In reality one should use the two european oriented threads here if one's wish is wider exposure for one's creations, after all Scandinavia (to which Denmark belongs by the way :p ) is part of Europe.

One cannot blame the US clientel for lack of interest given the vast array of RR companies past and present over there - but there is a short step from lack of interest to tunnel vision. Hence look alittle further than your state border and you might be greatly surprised of what you will experience. There are some very talented folks out there and I have to agree with Colhad; railfanning knows no borders.

Something that many english speakers do not realise is that a large part of the users using the non-english speaking fora do not understand English, which in the end will result in exactly the same as posting a non US/UK item here: the thread will go under after a very short time.

Hi juhis,

Thanks for the picture. I am a fan of all types of railroads. I find myself brousing the European forums all the time. Even though I may not understand the languages written, a picture is worth a thousand words. I enjoy seeing what other countries look like as I will probably never get to go and visit. Thanks again.

Jack

Hi juhis,

Thanks for the picture. I am a fan of all types of railroads. I find myself brousing the European forums all the time. Even though I may not understand the languages written, a picture is worth a thousand words. I enjoy seeing what other countries look like as I will probably never get to go and visit. Thanks again.

Jack

And thanks to you as well for proving me wrong :p
Did you know the most common word for "screenshot" in Danish is screenshot - and this goes for most of the Euro languages too, at least on the forums. Hence it is easy to do some virtual international railfanning.
(Gotta find a screenshot of my to post)

@Juhis
The locomotive in your shot is one of DANBULANs old SBB Re 460's in VR Sr2 clothing. Does it differ from the Swiss version in other ways than being setup for broad gauge?

Last edited:
Back