Ffestiniog and Welsh Highland WIP

Yay! Thanks to both of you and a very merry holiday season too!

T:ANE brings out the beauty of this route due to the longer distance view. On the far left you can just make out the ocean.

Some wounderful Screen shotsNormhart did you miss K1 On purpose, the 2 locos on the Trains facing us are around the wrong, way and the Green loco with curved roof who I can remember its name was sold awhile ago

Tom

Some wounderful Screen shotsNormhart did you miss K1 On purpose, the 2 locos on the Trains facing us are around the wrong, way and the Green loco with curved roof who I can remember its name was sold awhile ago

Tom

LOL, I don't know enough to do anything on purpose Tom. I just grabbed a hand full of locomotives from the ones listed in the CM as related to the FR/WHR/WHHR which I understand to be the locomotives that may currently run or may have run on this route. I have some by SteveFlanders that I didn't add that apparently occasionally may have run on this route at some time (or not). Confusion reigns. (Not that that is a bad thing.)

Last edited:
For the K1, it is on the DLS, but the WHR and FR are not mentioned in the title or description. It is called something like "TGR K1 Garratt 09" or something like that.

This is a masterpiece and should be regarded as a showcase for what Trainz is capable of in the hands of an expert. The slagheaps look so realistic and the level of detail is remarkable. This route really does bring Trainz to life and I wouldn't be suprised if N3V approach Malc with a view to including this in the next version of TANE. As I've never been interested in UK narrow gauge (until now) I need to go away and download Malc's and Ed's narrow gauge locos and carriages so I can explore the route at track level.

Ken

Last edited:
Yup, quite a bit to take in. Both the route and sorting out the rolling stock. While I was waiting for Ed's WHR consists I thought I'd run a bicyclists special.

And yes there are bicycles in the gondolas.

I've just uploaded another set of consists for the railway. These are the 5 main sets and spares for 2014 (Malc's route is supposed to be set then) and also some vintage train consists as used at special events.

I thought it was about time I did some screenshots!

Here we have "50 Shades of Dave" at the Barlwyd Bridge. More to be added in the Narrow Guage Screenshots thread.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

...As I've never been interested in UK narrow gauge (until now)...

Exactly my thoughts! I know this part of Wales fairly well and the route captures the ambience of the locale superbly. Thank you clam1952.

Rob.

Nice screenshot, edh6.

Last edited:
What should be the full set of standard consists for the FR and WHR for 2015. (unless I got them turned around again)

Ed's WHR consists are now on the DLS as is the updated route.

Nobody noticed the bits of Embankment I left lying around at just before the crossing at Penrhyn then? Another update on the way.

Correct consists but the Welsh Highland sets are the wrong way round...

LOL, I knew it! I had a 50-50 chance of getting it right.

@clam1952 nope I've been heading the wrong direction and I have not seen many changes so far. (not that I'm all that familiar with the route)

Thanks again to both of you for your help.

Sorry folks, had to shove another update up, mysterious case of the shrunken bridge, I appear to have used the same kuid twice for different bridges the one I had on the route not being the one uploaded, now resolved swapped for one that was!
That's the problem with using more than one version of Trainz at once, thought I'd nailed any duplicates but missed this one.
It's not critical and only those who wander off the route are likely to spot it but I've fixed it anyway.

Currently reinstalling my TS12 from a backup I know works. Got the route and can't wait to try it out. One of the last things we need are the WHR's NG15s and then we're pretty much set. :)

Now that I've gotten things turned around on the WHR... :D

Things are looking pretty good in build 80201, the settings were pretty high and I was only getting fps of around 15-20 but it was fairly smooth, not much popping.

BTW for those wondering it takes about 3.5 hours to drive from one end to the other without making passenger stops. There are fragments of standard gauge lines long enough to run something on to provide some interesting background stuff. There is also the WHHR Yard and some trackage which links to the WHR mainline and there is a miniature railroad with enough track to play around on. I don't know the gauge nor if there is any rolling stock available.

Last edited:
Ha! 10.25 inch gauge, I found some diesel locomotives but no rolling stock. I also found some lovely steam locos (including a Garrett) but they were 12 inch gauge. (possibly 18 inch)

Last edited:
Back