Fatal Error Message

First of all railtrackdelay you do not lose your FCT as I have reinstalled before.
Hi Pete thanks once again for your great help, my computer knowledge is very poor so your advice is appreciated.
I have external back up hard disc so I'm ok there, I just was not sure if local folder was all I needed to back up. I will go easy and only delete what I think I'm really sure of, if any doubt at all I'll leave it and maybe come back and tell you what it is for your opinion.
Cheers
PJ

Hi Pete
I've just uninstalled the game and used "tweak" it only found " safe to delete" and there were some trainz files so hopefully they were the problem. I'm not surprised it found nothing else as the computer is dedicated and sole use is for trainz only, I don't run or keep anything else on it other tha its operating systems.
I'm now in the process of reloading my " old " local folder and I'll let you know later if its cured the problem, I hope so !!!
Thanks for all the excellent advice you've given me on this
Cheers
PJ

Hi Pete
I've just uninstalled the game and used "tweak" it only found " safe to delete" and there were some trainz files so hopefully they were the problem. I'm not surprised it found nothing else as the computer is dedicated and sole use is for trainz only, I don't run or keep anything else on it other tha its operating systems.
I'm now in the process of reloading my " old " local folder and I'll let you know later if its cured the problem, I hope so !!!
Thanks for all the excellent advice you've given me on this
Cheers
PJ

Hi PJ,
Glad I could be of some help,
I'm a firm believer in the old saying 'A Problem Shared is A Problem Halved'.
As a matter of interest, you can use Tweak' once or twice a month, depending on the amount of downloads, installs & deletes you use. This will keep your Registry in prime condition.
Hope everything works out for you.
Cheers
Pete.

Hi Pete
Sadly the problem still persists !!!!! after doing everything taking most of the day, 5 mins into surveyor it crashed yet again, "access violation", on checking the jetlog it said " unable to diagnose the problem " it also deleted the assets folder which means another 20/25 mins to rebuild. Its so frustrating, I feel like putting in the bin and buying microsoft trains !!!!
Any ideas ? should I run the tweak again while 2006 is installed ?
Cheers
PJ

Hi Pete
Sadly the problem still persists !!!!! after doing everything taking most of the day, 5 mins into surveyor it crashed yet again, "access violation", on checking the jetlog it said " unable to diagnose the problem " it also deleted the assets folder which means another 20/25 mins to rebuild. Its so frustrating, I feel like putting in the bin and buying microsoft trains !!!!
Any ideas ? should I run the tweak again while 2006 is installed ?
Cheers
PJ

Hi PJ,
This sounds like a new problem to the original. Running Tweak again wouldn't do any harm, but to be honest, I can't see it helping this time.
I have come across this error before, and at the moment I'm racking my little grey cells, to remember how I overcome it.
Perhaps someone else can help out.
In the meantime you can try this.

Start Trains, go to options, Planet Auran Tab, and re-enter your details. (even if they are the same as the current ones).
Go to the 'Advance Options Tab' and set the catch size to the max (the highest entry shown by left clicking the scroll arrow) , normally 512, depending on your full computer specs. When you have done this, hit the 'OK' button and close window, exit Trainz.
OK: Go to your Profile on line, and re-enter the exact details again, as I stated, even if they are the same as the current entries. Save and exit.

Hit the restart button on your computer, when it re-starts, and the inevitable hour-glass has gone, carry out a de-fragmentation (even if windows tells you its not required), and re-start Trainz.

I'm pretty sure I used this routine to solve an access problem, but that was a few years ago.
Not much can be done about the time lapse required for rebuilding the data, sometimes, hitting the refresh key (Two Bent, Blue arrows on your tool bar) can speed things up, but could also cause a delay, if you have a large data-base. (It starts again).
This is only used as a last resort, IE: If it runs into hours.
From the top-of-my head, its all I can think of at the moment, if I think of something else I'll put in another reply.
Hope this helps, it certainly won't do any harm.
Cheers
Pete.
PS: Any further problems, you know where to find me :)

Hi Pete
Thanks again, I'll try what you suggest tomorrow, I had enough of trainz for one day !!! I'm not knowledgeable about computers and trainz is the only game I've ever played and the computer was bought just for playing it, so its fairly empty if you know what I mean ( i'm sure that not the right term ) Its just very annoying not knowing whats causing this to happen.
Oh well maybe I'll love trainz again tomorrow !!!
Cheers
PJ

Hi Pete
Tried what you suggested and although it took an age to defrag, trainz is running better and faster. I run it for two hours today and there were no system crashes, so fingers crossed that might have done the trick, only time will tell. Thanks
Cheers
PJ

Back