Fan Speed

petrama25

let me show you the
So recently I wasn't paying attention to the temp of my CPU ,and my PC shut off while playing TS12. I checked and found that my CPU fan wasn't adjusting it's speed with the Temp of the CPU. Its rpm was fluctuating around 1600. Not exactly sure what happened. As I have never made any hardware changes to this system. Changed thermal paste, and even put in a new aftermarket fan and heatsink. Still nothing. Actually It had a lower rpm than the first one at 630 Rpm. I have looked throughout my BIOS and have found nothing that would allow me to change fan speed maually. Really would like to get this fixed as this is my PC that I'm stuck with until I fix my other one. :(

ASUS M11BB
AMD A10 6700 APU
8GB DDR3
ASUS F2A55M

Last edited:
If changing the fan hasn't fixed the problem you may be looking at some other problem, motherboard sensors not working properly or worse, at this point I'd be looking at connecting a fan to the PSU via a spare 12 or 5v connection, not the motherboard one, depends on what voltage the fan is supposed to run on and then let it run flat out, at least it won't fry the CPU then. Might have to knock off any CPU fan warning in the bios.
Got a spare case fan port on the motherboard? as that might do.

Your motherboard supports Asus Fan Expert which according to Asus:

ASUS Fan Xpert intelligently allows you to adjust the CPU and chassis fan speeds according to different ambient temperatures caused by different climate conditions in different geographic regions and your PC’s loading. The built-in variety of useful profiles offer flexible controls of fan speed to achieve a quiet and cool environment.

Perhaps dig out the support disk if it came with your PC and load/reload it or visit the Asus website, search under support. Peter

Thanks Peter, I have no idea why this isnt on my system. Will try to contact ASUS later or find a download.

I have the q-fan control disabled in BIOS now and its running better. Although, I have another program I am using for monitoring such as CPUID, which shows a CPU temp of 44C, while ASUS AI Suite shows a Temp of 24C. I am not sure which is right. Pretty odd to me.

Last edited:
Good question Asus boards here, two of them one AMD one Intel and neither CPUz or HWMonitor or MSI afterburner agree with the Asus temperature, Asus is lower than the other three which agree with each other.

Back