Error Fixing Video Series

It really says something that video is the preferred method of learning by many today. Every site has videos now, and I generally back out of them as quickly as possible but that may just indicate my age.
A fine idea for many members though, you are providing the community a real service, please continue!

@patchy:

Thanks for the comment. I learnt a hard-ish :)p ) way too, by searching the Forums and by copying other assets.

@Euphod:

Well, I hope you've watched this one. :) Most people want everything to work for them the first time, and aren't patient enough to properly explain the problem. Most people I've seen just say "I downloaded x train and it doesn't work. Please help!"

I'm glad I thought of it, and put it into practise. I'm still deciding on the error for Episode 3. I think it might be "Texture 'x.texture' is not a power of 2, please resize it."

EDIT: There will be a slight delay on the release of Episode 3. I left my headphones somewhere (but I know where) and will not be able to do Episode 3 until I get them back. Hopefully Episode 3 will be released before School starts here.

Last edited:
Ok, I really need ideas for Episode 3. If you'd like to suggest an error for me to show how to fix, please ask! I NEED suggestions!

Hello,

I haven't made a Trainz video in a while. That's because I have been thinking of something.

I have a new livestream, and i can provide the link of anyone wants to check it out one weekend. My idea involves the livestream.

This is how it works:

1. I'm in Trainz on Friday nights for Americans. This is when this could be done. First, contact me in Trainz, and we'll arrange to fix something, just let me download it first.

2. We both log on to Team speak 3, I can give instructions in Trainz.

3. Once on Team speak, we both open CM and I start my livestream. Once it has loaded, the other Trainzer mutes the video sound, leaving just the Team speak sound.

4. I video me giving instructions to the other user on how to fix the item, and the conversation in Team Speak. They can see what I'm doing on the Livestream. The livestream will not be videoed, just what i'm doing in CM and the TS3 conversation.

5. The video is saved and put on YouTube for other users to see. The viewers can see my CM and what I'm doing, plus the TS3 conversation, if the other user agrees.

So what do you guys think? I think it's a good idea for one-on-one advice that can be shared too.

Kieran.

That's a heck of an idea. What I like about it most is that you will have interaction and feedback from the guinea pig ... er, let's call him or her the "client." This is important in that a client who lacks knowledge will come up with problems and questions that a person who has the knowledge, such as yourself, might never think of. Good idea. When do you anticipate the world premier?

Bernie

That's a heck of an idea. What I like about it most is that you will have interaction and feedback from the guinea pig ... er, let's call him or her the "client." This is important in that a client who lacks knowledge will come up with problems and questions that a person who has the knowledge, such as yourself, might never think of. Good idea. When do you anticipate the world premier?

Bernie
Approximately... before the end of the year? In other words, I have no idea, and it'll just happen when it does! But it will be announced.

@marruffidj
Good quote. And I see how it applies. I know some good quotes myself. but they're all from Thomas The Tank Engine and Friends.

I forgot about this thread entirely! Episode 3 was a request. Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwfBZzDNRaY

And below you can watch the recently uploaded episode 4, where I fix the QR level crossings by psycho_aussie.

Some more suggestions of things to fix are welcome. In fact, they're needed, as I don't know what people want fixed! :D This series thrives off requests! Also check out my signature. :)

Kieran.

P.S. PM me if you have skype and don't know how to fix something and can do a video call, you are eligible to be a guinea pig. Err, client. :)

Edit: Can we get some PVA glue over here, to make this thread a sticky please. ;) It's what the community wants. :)

Last edited:
Back