Elk Canyon

stouthm

Get over it
Just bought and downloaded this route. I would like to do some editing but its locked, but I do have the option to clone it. Before I click on the clone button and get myself in trouble what actually is the procedure after I clone it. I never have cloned a route before. Thanks.

After you clone the route it'll be like any other route where you can edit it as much as you want.
Behind the scenes you still aren't actually editing the route itself but made an alias of the route so that's why you'll need the payware route installed before the modified version or else it'll simply be an empty world. This is why you can also share your edited versions as stated under the game features.

Cheers

You might want to edit the session instead, use save-as and save a copy of the route and a session. With that you'll keep the rolling stock and everything else set up already and all you need to do is edit the route.

The only thing you can't do with a cloned DLC route is merge that into another.

Hey John, I'm hoping you can help me here. I've been exploring this route and have noticed that some yellowish/green shrubs or bushes are very close to the tracks or even on them. I've been unable to identify them so as to move them or replace them. Any idea what they are called. They are mostly near the tracks.

Hey John, I'm hoping you can help me here. I've been exploring this route and have noticed that some yellowish/green shrubs or bushes are very close to the tracks or even on them. I've been unable to identify them so as to move them or replace them. Any idea what they are called. They are mostly near the tracks.
I took a look at them. They are part of the clutter-FX and from what I can tell by going through the clutter-FX layer that these are "Farn" or maybe ferns in English. To access these, you go through the topology tool in Surveyor and then expand the advanced part at the bottom where you can scroll through the different layers associated with the ground.

Back