Elderly British Lady In A State Of Undress! (pictures)

johnchisem

Mr Grumpy
Now I've found your level, here you are!:hehe: I thought it might be a good idea to start a thread showing whats INSIDE a railway locomotive. I have a few photographs and look forward to seeing what other people come up with.:)

crewe0002kq7.jpg

crewe0003qf1.jpg

both taken at Crewe works in 1987.

More to come.....

John

Yes, it did before it was turned into a link! Now here is a topless British Lady!

diesels0013de9.jpg

Please add your pictures (I prefer them to links), may I ask no pictures of real life disasters, after all, we are here to enjoy ourselves a bit!

John

I don't really have any shots of locomotive insides, or the lack of, in my collection. I searched all night to find these 2 pics of loco's undergoing major maintenance which I think would add something to your thread John. Nice shot of the Class 40 anyway, and I hope that the Peak's nose didn't drop off the back of that lorry. :hehe:

Cheerz. ex-railwayman.

Photo 1 is another of my beloved Class 40's ( 40 140 ) undergoing work shown at BREL Derby Loco Works Open Day in September 1982.

Photo 2 is an unidentified Class 37 in the paintshop at Crewe BREL Works Open Day in June 1984.

40140againDerbyOpenDay4thSept1982.jpg

UnidentifiedClass37inpaintshopCrewe.jpg

THE INTERNALS OF ONE OF THE BEST ALCoS!!!!!!
YAY!!!
Glad to see that old Alco prime mover Jess! Thanks for the image.
Cheers,
Sean

hi Ex RWM the works pictures brought back happy memories for me, the days when we virtually ran round copping the numbers so we did not miss anything at the station! Works were for numbers not photos! Look at the prices on some of these.:D

file0004ci2.jpg

file0007sd2.jpg
file0006kf3.jpg
file0005uk1.jpg

These prove that London was more expensive even in those days!

In 1987 I slept in the support coach in Crewe Works! We were near the melt shop and scrap lines. Here are some of your beloved class 40s nearing the end of their lives.

plasticwallet30042xg7.jpg

plasticwallet30044un3.jpg

plasticwallet30046vo7.jpg

John

John

Some very sad photos there of some "old friends" at Crewe works. There's nothing more depressing and forlorn than seeing old locos in the process of being scrapped!!

During the 70's and 80's I had an uncle who was a security guard at the works and I and a couple of friends regularly used to get tours around the place. It was always an excellent day out!!

I also attended a couple of Derby works open days and it's a shame to see how thats ended up.

chrisw27:(

Hi guys, yes, it is a great shame that our old locomotives are no more....Nice to see your old admission tickets John, that brings back some memories, and yes, London depots such as Stratford and Old Oak Common were always expensive to visit !!!
Actually John, you've given me a thought for another thread I can start.
In the meantime just a couple of more shots of my beloved "Ladys" on the Crewe Scrapheap. :'( and one from Chester Station from April 1980 and one from Crewe Station 1981.

40006CreweWorksOpenDayJune1984.jpg

40107CreweWorksOpenDayJune1984.jpg

4017840031Chesterstation11thApril19.jpg

40120CrewestationApril1981.jpg

ex-railwayman

Nice photos of some old stalwarts.The 40's were our favourites and at least we had plenty of them down the coast in their final years.

From a time when Diesel hauled meant real locos and not "tarted up" DMUS!!:p

chrisw27

Hi Chris, yeahh, I've always enjoyed the English Electrics, I have a soft spot for Class 37's as well as 40's. I enjoyed the BR Blue era 1970's and 1980's best for all locomotives, but I also liked the new liveried loco's when they came out such as the Class 56's that were part built in Romania and had the silver roofs and the Class 58's in Railfreight and Coal Sector colours. Things have changed now since all diesels seem to be in EWS livery or horrible shades of purple and orange, such is life....Still, I've got loads and loads of photographs to look back on with some extremely fond memories, especially doing all-nighters on Crewe and Peterborough stations in the 1980's in winter, drinking hot soup and trying to take decent photographs with frozen finger tips trying to adjust the zoom lens, ahhh those were the days..

Cheerz. ex-railwayman.

Behind the scenes

Here is 48151 on a visit to the wheel lathe at Toton depot in Nottingham. This was about 20 years ago so there was plenty of Peaks and class 20s around for the diesel fan. Hey!I did not bother to photograph them, the tea in the canteen was a better idea!:p

tyreturning8ne1.jpg

tyreturning4rk4.jpg

tyreturning9ee5.jpg

John

You fooled me!

I thought sure it would be a steamer being rebuilt.:hehe:
What 's the "small" engine in the Alco, right behind the radiators? Is that the starter motor?

:cool: Claude

Nice photo Black Watch, let me put a few Delly snaps up for everyone.

Cheerz. ex-railwayman.

55015 and 55 017 both at York Station 6th Nov 1981.

55015York6thNov1981.jpg

55017Yorkstation.jpg

Crew change on 55 014 at Peterboro Station 11th August 1979.

55014Peterboroughstation11thAugust1.jpg

I kno I know, this is going to sound stupid, but looking at those 40's and seeing the small blue star on them, I immediatly thought "Wow, they must be Blue Star Equipped." :hehe:
________
Michaella

Last edited:
I kno I know, this is going to sound stupid, but looking at those 40's and seeing the small blue star on them, I immediatly thought "Wow, they must be Blue Star Equipped." :hehe:

The class 40`s were "Electro-Pneumatic" (blue star) control equipped. :D

The lads in Derby works were trying to save this old lady from embarrassment.

Derby.jpg

Last edited:
Hi everyone, a few more pics of locomotives that no longer earn their keep on BR metals sadly, and as well as that, Tinsley Yard doesn't exist now either...:'(

Cheerz. ex-railwayman.

unidentified Class 13 hump shunter at Tinsley Yard followed by some Class 76's on various duties. Also a shot from Wath-upon-Dearne of a couple of Class 20's and 76's.

Class13humpshunterTinsleyyard.jpg

moreClass76satTinsleyyard.jpg

Class76atTinsleyyard.jpg

Class20sClass76satWathuponDearne.jpg

After the flying peak comes the flying Virgin!. And not many people seem bothered, perhaps they were heading for the free ice cream, burgers and face painting!

procor0036st4.jpg

John

Back