Editing sound files

Can someone please teach me how to edit your train sound file. For ex. i wanted to edit the sound file horn for Nycta Train, what do i need to do in order to change the sound files for the horn. Also where do i put the nycta sound file that i download or recorded in the trainz 2009 folder.
Please tell me

Hi PegasusLeos444417: First of all tell us your TRS your are running (2004,2009)? Then we might be able to help you..Because each game is a different procedure..

Bob Cass :) :)

Can someone please teach me how to edit your train sound file. For ex. i wanted to edit the sound file horn for Nycta Train, what do i need to do in order to change the sound files for the horn. Also where do i put the nycta sound file that i download or recorded in the trainz 2009 folder.
Please tell me
You're mixing apples and oranges here:p .
If you edit the hornsound file then you're changing characteristics of the existing hornsound file, for example, changing the volume or the sampling rate.
If you just want to substitute a different hornsound for the existing one then you only need to change the hornsound kuid numbers.
Start Content Manager (CMP if you have TRS2006 as you say in your last post, or, CM2 if you have TS2009 as stated in the above quote) then find the kuid of the hornsound you want and note the kuid number, then find the loco's kuid and right click and select Edit in Explorer to open it in Notepad. Then double click the config.txt file and change the hornsound kuid number to the new one you noted. Now save and commit.

Bob

How about if you go to the real subway. For example i wanted to recorded the acelerate Nycta R160 train. How do i convert the sound file to use on the real r160 train. Also if i wanted to recorded the sound on the Nycta R160 train "Stand Clear Of The Closing Door Please" to use for when you close the door. And also when you get to a Stop the R160 announcer will say "This Is 49th Street" How do you import that as well. Also When the door open and Say "This is The Brooklyn Bound N Express train." " The Next stop will be Time Square 42nd Street" Then The announcer will say "Stand Clear Of The Closing Door Please". Please Read This and Help me because I really wanted The NYCTA Train In trainz have all the realistic sound as in this real life.

Also can you tell me what does Enginespecs,enginesound,hornsound represent. Thx
These are the kuids or the supporting files need for the loco. The Enginespec file contains the parameters of the engine (steam or diesel) and the air brake system. Enginesound has the running sounds and the hornsound has the horn and bell sounds for the loco.
The basic loco kuid contains the 3D mesh file and its textures which draws the loco when you run trainz. The config.txt file for the loco also lists the kuid of the bogies (wheels) and optional cabin interior with the engine controls.

Bob

I think that you'll need some scripting combined with the use of triggers at the stations in order to do all of the customized sounds that you want.
Mike

How will you do that. How about if you go to the real subway. For example i wanted to recorded the acelerate Nycta R160 train. How do i convert the sound file to use on the real r160 train. Also if i wanted to recorded the sound on the Nycta R160 train "Stand Clear Of The Closing Door Please" to use for when you close the door. And also when you get to a Stop the R160 announcer will say "This Is 49th Street" How do you import that as well. Also When the door open and Say "This is The Brooklyn Bound N Express train." " The Next stop will be Time Square 42nd Street" Then The announcer will say "Stand Clear Of The Closing Door Please". Please Read This and Help me because I really wanted The NYCTA Train In trainz have all the realistic sound as in this real life.

exactly how do I customize an engine sound in trainz 06 or any type of sound with a WAV file

Back