East Kentucky

Thanks for the link. I have my own 'TRS10-Friendly' copy of MP-Wood, but since Phil already has a version on the DLS I will swap the original MP-Wood out in favour of his copy, saves cluttering the DLS with different versions of identical assets. MP-Rusty is unaffected in TS10.

At the risk of wandering off-topic, IMHO overwriting one of the most-used tracks in Trainz is just about the silliest thing that Auran/N3V/whoever have ever done...

Back on-topic, westbound loads leaving Vicco:

ek3_222.jpg

Andy :)

Last edited:
Nice

Nice shot. It looks very prototypical. It reminds me of a time, I got the chance to ride a coal train with a CSX Transportation crew. It was in 1990, and our lead locomotive was an ex-Chessie System SD40-2 with "B&O" lettering above its number. I had photographs of the run, but my girlfriend by mistake, threw them out.

I had photographs of the run, but my girlfriend by mistake, threw them out.

Not go get this off topic, but Iv had that happen to me( I think) also. I had over 200 pictures of my 2009 colorado trip printed out, and a few old magazine clipings from when the SPNG was still around, both have since vanished.

Back on topic,
Holy cow nice map:udrool:

New to trainz and like your shots but...

on your web site you mention compatibility mode for trainz 2010 how do I get into that? tried searching the forum and found nothing. a quick point in the right direction would help because I really enjoy looking at the screenies of EK and want to try it

start trainz and when you get to the main menu page, click "main menu" at the top left, then click on "options". About 3/4 of the way down you will see "enable compatibility mode for older content". Put a check beside that. Now close trainz and reopen.

...I really enjoy looking at the screenies of EK and want to try it

Hi rmhoman - I see you are new - please be aware that recent screenies are of the unreleased EK3 project which is still a work-in-progress. The route available from checkrail.com is EK2 which is 'not quite' the same thing! Look back to the start of this thread for earlier screenshots of the available version. For example the Cab view approaching Jeff Yard off the Carrs Fork Branch looks like this in EK3,

ek3_226.jpg

but the same area in EK2 look like...
ek3_226a.jpg

Andy :)

Last edited:
Wow thats a vast improvement! I can't wait for this. BTW are you using some custom JR safetran signals because some of those in your shots don't look availabale yet.

Thanks

Davis

Im ready for this route to be relased i'm West Virginia and these pictures of these routes remind me of home Great looking route though keep up the good work

Cool Pictures

Nice pictures, bro. Those remind me of yet another trip, I took up there. It was 1979, and I rode in the cab of a Louisville & Nashville Railroad Electro Motive Division F-7A unit and the ride was fun. The crew were friendly, and they stopped the train and for 20 minutes, we had lunch, right beside the train. The conductor in the caboose had lunch with us. But alas, like my trip with CSX my girlfriend threw out the pictures and that was back in 1995. *Mutters* Women who hate trains.

It was 1979, and I rode in the cab of a Louisville & Nashville Railroad Electro Motive Division F-7A unit and the ride was fun. The crew were friendly, and they stopped the train and for 20 minutes, we had lunch, right beside the train. The conductor in the caboose had lunch with us.

screen_076-1.jpg

;)

Thanks bro. That was just the consist we had. We were on our way up to pick up a cut of coal cars and then we were to proceed back down the line. When we returned to the main we saw three American Locomotive Company "U-boats" leading a freight with an old Norfolk & Western Railway boxcar with Wabash Railroad reporting marks. I can't remember which models the "U-boats" were, but I think they were U30Cs.

Back