Driving command??

Bsillett

Is there a driving command that makes the driver of a multiple unit (DMU, EMU, HST etc) change ends when the train reaches a terminus or end of line station? I tried the move to train command, but this just doesn't solve the problem.
Thanks
Brian

Yes. The change direction command should be there. The situation can arise that you have to enable the command in the session first by editing session rules and choosing the command from the list but after you have chosen the command you can make terminated trains change direction for the return journey.

The driver command "Run Around Ex" <kuid2:117667:83:3> could be the solution.

Peter
Tried that but it is for running the engine around the train. I'm looking for something that just moves the driver from one end to another as it looks odd when the train changes direction but there is no driver in the leading cab. But thanks for the suggestion.
Brian

You might want to try this one:

<kuid2:71155:60010:1> Change Direction Command

This will "flip" your train around so that the train now heads in the opposite direction. I use this for my EMUs and DMUs and use it before I send the train back from a terminal.

There is another command that moves the driver to the other end of the train, but I can't remember its name.

You should read the description of the "Run Around Ex" command.

<kuid2:117667:83:3> Run Around Ex
Run-Around command that will first check the existence of any back-locomotive.
If one is present, driver is simply moved to that locomotive, otherwise, regular run-around is performed.
In all cases the driver is put in the new front-most locomotive, and train's logical forward is changed.

Another possible command is
<kuid2:70791:9001:1> Change Train Direction
This driver command changes only the driving direction of the train. No Runaround is accomplished. The driver changes automatically to the
frontmost locomotive if possible.

Peter

You should read the description of the "Run Around Ex" command.

<kuid2:117667:83:3> Run Around Ex
Run-Around command that will first check the existence of any back-locomotive.
If one is present, driver is simply moved to that locomotive, otherwise, regular run-around is performed.
In all cases the driver is put in the new front-most locomotive, and train's logical forward is changed.

Another possible command is
<kuid2:70791:9001:1> Change Train Direction
This driver command changes only the driving direction of the train. No Runaround is accomplished. The driver changes automatically to the
frontmost locomotive if possible.

Peter

I tired the Run Around Ex but nothing happened. I also have Change Train Direction installed, but it doesn't show up in the driver commands menu. I'm using TRS2019. Maybe I should take the plunge and use TRS2022.
Brian

I tired the Run Around Ex but nothing happened. I also have Change Train Direction installed, but it doesn't show up in the driver commands menu. I'm using TRS2019. Maybe I should take the plunge and use TRS2022.
Brian
Make sure it is check in the "Driver Command" list in the "Edit Session". I have it working in TRS2019.

Is there a driving command that makes the driver of a multiple unit (DMU, EMU, HST etc) change ends when the train reaches a terminus or end of line station? I tried the move to train command, but this just doesn't solve the problem.
Thanks
Brian

The driver of a DMU should automatically change ends when the train changes direction. I had this problem in TANE some years ago and found that some do not change ends. I resolved the problem by changing the DMU set. Unfortunately I cannot remember which work and which don't but just experiment and it will soon be apparent. If you need to use a particular set then make sure you only go in one direction.

Ken

I think these commands are affected by whether there is indeed a 'locomotive' at the othe end. Many 2-car DMUs have a Driving Trailer at one end and these are declared as 'engine 0' in the config, as they are unpowered. The session commands do not find a locomotive, so the rear cab is the only active locomotive. DMU sets where there is a motor car at each end should work fine though.

Thanks for your help on this guys,, I now have it working so that a train will enter the terminus and the driver will switch ends before departing.

Back