Driver Component Sizes Mis-match?

titaniclover

TS2010EE SP3; Build 49933
Ok today I went to download dmdrakes CityStreet splines.

When the download was complete usually CMP pops up but this time this pops up.

Problem1.jpg

Annyoned I try and start Trainz. I get the same error above but when I cancle it this thing appears.:eek:

Problem2.jpg

Not a good sign.:confused: :eek: Now I am upset.

I changed to DirectX but still the same thing.
Im using TRS2006.

Can anyone with computer expertise help?
Thanks!:wave:

Adam

Oi, I don't like this one bit.

Can other 3D programs run fine? Or same error? What Graphics card you have, and what is your driver version?

I'm somewhat familiar with this error. Try updating to the newest driver, even if it is a beta driver. If not fixed, try changing to an older driver version to see if that does anything.

Last edited:
I usually, when I get that problem, I right click the icon, run as, OK, if the error appears, click continue/terminate (either one), wait 1/2 an hour and itll work...always does...

Nothing ilovetrainz_UP.

@Lo_Poly
Yea I can run other 3D Games fine.

Im using a Nividia GeForce FX 5200. I've had the same one ever scince I had Trainz. I have no clue on the version. Most up to date I would guess. I've used Trainz in the past week with the card. I'll look into it though.

Nothing ilovetrainz_UP.

@Lo_Poly
Yea I can run other 3D Games fine.

Im using a Nividia GeForce FX 5200. I've had the same one ever scince I had Trainz. I have no clue on the version. Most up to date I would guess. I've used Trainz in the past week with the card. I'll look into it though.

I knew it!

There's a weird driver problem with older GeForce cards. Try updating to latest drivers, even if they are beta drivers. If no go, downgrade and see if that fixes it.

Cheers. :wave:

Ok thanks Lo_Poly I'll see about it.

I was thinking of deleting Kernel_7c.dll. Thats what I think is causing the problem but its found in the bin folder of the game so I was worried about doing it.

Thanks. But I have a puzzle for you guys.
Why didnt it say it before? I've run Trainz loads of time on this card why is it doing this now?
Just wondering.

Cheers,
Adam

Ok thanks Lo_Poly I'll see about it.

I was thinking of deleting Kernel_7c.dll. Thats what I think is causing the problem but its found in the bin folder of the game so I was worried about doing it.

Thanks. But I have a puzzle for you guys.
Why didnt it say it before? I've run Trainz loads of time on this card why is it doing this now?
Just wondering.

Cheers,
Adam

Just a mystery with Nvidia drivers. Although it only seems to plague older cards.

And no, NEVER delete Kernel_7c.dll! That's a component of the sim, you'll break Trainz! :hehe:

Edit: BTW, if this doesn't work, or the error returns later, try this. Perform a clean uninstall/reinstall of the newest nVidia drivers and manually delete the opengl32.dll file in the windows/system32 directory. Ignore the thing about a file missing, and inserting the windows install disk. It should work after that.

Last edited:
Back