Downloads going to the wrong game

Engineer_Ethan

Hello,

I'm writing this on behalf of my 10 year old son. He would like to download specific skins for his Trainz game. He currently has TANE and TRS2019 Platinum Edition. For some reason, when he attempts to download games that the website says are for TRS2019, the downloads always try to go to TANE. We have made several attemps and nothing changes. In addition, the downloads do not work in TANE. I do not have a lot of cpu knowledge and cannot figure out why the download will not go to the correct game. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks...

It is my understanding that the website downloading does not work in newer versions of trainz. Downloading content is intended to be done from within the Trainz19 Content Manager. T:ANE also has a content manager, and whichever one you use, the files will be sent to it's respective game.

The problem with website downloads is that most of the commonly used web browsers no longer support the File Transfer Protocol that earlier Trainz versions (prior to T:ANE???) used to perform the downloads. The browsers stopped their support because of security reasons.

If you have T:ANE and TRS19 then use the Content Manager program that is built into those versions to perform the download. That way if you use the Content Manger in T:ANE then the download will be installed in T:ANE. If you use the Content Manger in TRS19 then the download will be installed in TRS19.

There is a Trainz Wiki guide to using Content Manager (either version) at https://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/Help:Content_Manager:Download_Station_And_Downloading

Hello,

I'm writing this on behalf of my 10 year old son. He would like to download specific skins for his Trainz game. He currently has TANE and TRS2019 Platinum Edition. For some reason, when he attempts to download games that the website says are for TRS2019, the downloads always try to go to TANE. We have made several attemps and nothing changes. In addition, the downloads do not work in TANE. I do not have a lot of cpu knowledge and cannot figure out why the download will not go to the correct game. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks...

Can you provide links to the websites that he is having problems with? I think I may know how to solve your problem, but I need to check the websites first.

The problem with website downloads is that most of the commonly used web browsers no longer support the File Transfer Protocol that earlier Trainz versions (prior to T:ANE???) used to perform the downloads. The browsers stopped their support because of security reasons.

If you have T:ANE and TRS19 then use the Content Manager program that is built into those versions to perform the download. That way if you use the Content Manger in T:ANE then the download will be installed in T:ANE. If you use the Content Manger in TRS19 then the download will be installed in TRS19.

There is a Trainz Wiki guide to using Content Manager (either version) at https://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/Help:Content_Manager:Download_Station_And_Downloading

We will take a look here. Thank you very much.

Back