download

Loco Download

Hi sardon,

That is not much information to go on. What loco, what version of Trainz, how did you download FTP or DLH or CMP????

Cheers,
Bill69

Is it a Shay or a Garratt? These sometimes come in sections that have to be assembled on the track in Surveyor.

Just a hint. When you ask a question, provide every bit of information that you can, a single one-liner like yours provides no information and will mean more posts to get the necessary information from you.

Cheers

Narrowgauge

I am sorry I DO know better. It is the pbr g42 loco from the puffing billy collection at sirgibby's site. Don't know if you need more. Trainz 2006 Downloaded with my d/l manager because I didn't know how to connect cmp to that site.

Don

Last edited:
This loco comes in 3 pieces. Place them on the track in this order:
tank unit :)9204), boiler unit :)9205) then the tender unit :)9206). Rotate the tender unit as required so that the light points to the back and the light on the tank unit points forward.

Bob

This worked well, the PBR G42 is one of my Garratts and my favourite.

The loco comes in three parts, front tank, boiler, and rear tender.

I assume that you have installed them from the CDP file. They will show up in the menu with a name starting with '30'. You can't assemble them in Railyard, only in Surveyor

Select the front tank and place it on the track. Select the boiler unit and left click on the track behind the front tank, if the smoke stack is the wrong end rotate it, and finally place the rear tender behind it. The tender may be reversed so you may have to rotate it. You should now have a working locomotive.

If I have made some assumptions here that you don't understand please tell me.

Cheers

Narrowgauge

Thanks guys I got it working but I don't have any choo choo sound. Should I have that or do I have to do something else to get it?

sardon

When I built the Garratt, I could not get a sound that I considered to be worth listening to so the 'Enginesound' file that comes with the loco is a silent one. I am told that the sound for the QR Garratt works quite well but I have not tried it.

The sound file is KUID:62909:15 and is on the DLS. Try it. Replace the kuid after the 'enginesound' tag in the 'config.txt'

Cheers

Narrow

Don

I get my pleasure from making the models. I started with Trainz when it was presented as a Model Railroad Simulator and I still regard it as such. Because of this, engine sound has never been important to me, and althought I will try to get the best sound that is available when I make the model, I never bother with it after that.

I must also admit that I very seldom run any of my models, I do not make any routes to run them and when I do run them the PC sound is always turned off.

Cheers

Narrowgauge

Back