Download Ticket is big waist of money!

... I have been using the Download station for years and it has always been slow at the first pop up windows. And also on many different Internet computers. Maybe it is just way it is. More than likely the download station's main home page is not FTP, I do not know. I have the Trainz simulator on a non Internet computer and that is why I use the download station and save them into a folder and transfer the content to the CMP.

I have the same setup, Trainz on one computer and download via FTP on another.

Just had a try again. DLS main page comes up almost instantly. I could just see the last thumbnail arrive after clicking to open the page. Search is complete within a few seconds at most. The detail screens also appear very quickly.

No waste here. :wave:

I Disagree with you.

I see that you most of you being Sarcastic toward me. I have a very fantastic computer business with thousands of 100% satisfied customers with many Denver Lawyers as customers & a more than great $ income. 20+ years with a perfect honest background. For those of you that just want to put people down instead of trying to solve a problem then take a good look at your profiles and I mean your real lives not your material world. My Profile is just fine.

Last edited:
Long shot, but try the latest Firefox... (Nothing to loose, & if it doesn't improve anything, switch back to IE8)... good luck.
Cheers, Mac...

JJeff,

Have you tried a different time of day? Auran's servers are located I think in Australia, which is 14-16 hours away. What maybe afternoon for you, is evening the next day for a lot of users. There are a lot of Trainz users, and this does slow things down quite a bit on some days.

Also, when downloading objects, the DLS will sometimes take time to display the objects that are part of dependent packs. It has always been this way for as long as I can remember. Once the information is cached, the downloads proceed quickly.

If you are downloading directly from CMP/ CM2, there is a delay as the program contacts the DLS looking for dependent assets. Check the status bar at the bottom for information on what the program is doing. Once all of the file sizes have appeared, and there is no longer a message other than ready at the bottom, hit the Start button to download the assets. The actual download process is quite fast, but depending upon the size of the files and hte number of assets, the downloads can take a few minutes or so.

By the way, this is from another tech with over 25 years of experience. I gave up the high tech industry this year. I'm tired of the old corporate life, and tired of fixing computers.

John

Finally help from a true person!

Thank You meatloaf747! I will try that Firefox browser. I have tried google chrome and it hangs at the first pages also. I do not know why some people are just out to bite other people, but that is ok as there is always an even balance just like you need the positive and negative for a battery or it just will not work.:eek: You are the positive side. Thank You again.

P.s. I tried to delete the heading, waist of money on the forum but it will not let me.:mop:

Thank You JCitron!

Thank You JCitron! You are correct the servers will slow down at primetime. I have noticed that late at night Denver, Co. time it is more reliable and faster. Yes most for sure the main download is very fast but getting to it is the problem. I will se if I can configure my FTP to get to them better.:)

Thank You JCitron! You are correct the servers will slow down at primetime. I have noticed that late at night Denver, Co. time it is more reliable and faster. Yes most for sure the main download is very fast but getting to it is the problem. I will se if I can configure my FTP to get to them better.:)

You're welcome!

Good luck,

John

JJeff,
I'm curious as to whether you have been able to make any headway??? Don't worry about the knockers, "there glass will always be half empty, rather than half full".
Cheers, Mac...

Google Chrome works better.

:D I am now using the Google Chrome browser and it a lot faster than Internet explorer. Everyone was right about IE being a problematic browser. Google Chrome will crash about every 2 hours or so of use with the download station and sometimes the download station servers will shut down for about a minute or so. The no page available message will come up. So I wait for a minute or so and then their servers will start up again. All in all Chrome is much faster. :) Thank You to all of you that were kind of enough to help a guy out. I just sometimes have no patience and over react. But I do enjoy the Trainz Simulator very much. I am using TRS2006 for the time being as 2009 has way to many issues with one of my original maps.

Back