Download Station is going crazy - giving me assets I did not ask for!

tomharrison666

So, I chose some items to download last night and watched for a while. I was surprised at how quickly it said I had queued up 3 gig of items but oh well. I went to bed and got up this morning eager to see the assets that downloaded and low and behold, it showed that I had downloaded all kinds of assets I did not ask for. People, trees, fences, signals, etc. I thought maybe I had inadvertently asked for a route and it was supplying all the required items but I don't remember doing that. I was looking for ships, boats, marinas, and piers....and got policemen, motorcycles, trees, boulders, French castles, etc.

thought maybe I had inadvertently asked for a route and it was supplying all the required items but I don't remember doing that.
Select each of the unwanted assets in turn, and look at the Dependants. The dependant that is common to them all will be the route or session that you selected for download.

So, I chose some items to download last night and watched for a while. I was surprised at how quickly it said I had queued up 3 gig of items ...

It would help if you told us exactly what you had selected for downloading. What seems to be a simple locomotive, for example, can easily have a large number of dependencies - interior cab, bogies, engine specs, sounds, couplers, texture libraries, etc - each is a separate asset on the DLS. It is the same with routes or layouts - each bush, house, road, etc is a separate asset on the DLS that also has to be downloaded. This system allows the assets you already have on your system (e.g. a particular tree) to be skipped in the downloading process thus reducing the time needed and the ISP charges.

From the sample list of unrequested assets you supplied, it looks like a route or a session was in your original request list and those extra assets were not already on your system.

Last edited:
Back