Download Helper not connecting to Planet Auran

Benjamin704

Hello all -

I have Trainz Simulator v12 and have been having some issues with Download Helper. Each time that I open it, through Content Manager v3.5 there is always an error at the bottom of the screen in a red banner saying "Unable to contact Planet Auran, please check your internet connection and firewall settings." A similar message appears in the Download Helper window of the screen. As far I can tell, I am logged in, but my log-in information appears to not be going through on the Download Helper because of the aforementioned issues or for some other unrelated reason.

I tried shutting off the Windows firewall to see what would happen and the same error occurred. Furthermore, I added the launcher to the list of exceptions. Is there anything more I should do or check to try to get Content Manager going? Please help, and thank you.

- Benjamin

That issue happens from time to time and I've found that it usually happens when the server is acting up a little. I read in another thread that N3V was having some server issues today, so that could be the issue.

Mike

I read that there was an issue with the Auran servers earlier today. Try again. Hiccups like this happen now and then. Usually they are resolved within a few hours.

I've been having the same problem that you described for several days now after using the download station successfully prior to that. I don't know when it will be fixed but sooner will be better than later.

fdreany

It's interesting that acouple of people have mentioned that it might be a "temporary issue with ther severs etc" because I have been having this problem for at least a couple of months now. When I first installed the sim it worked for that day - come the next day it would not connect and has not connected since. I am getting beyond frustrated. I have tried contacting NV3 about this and have had no response so far.

I'm normally a fairly patient person but this is wearing my patience thin. I even purchased a FCT in the hopes that may help, 2 days later and I have not been able to use my ticket yet as it still won't connect.

Getting angry.

Jasonztrainz

You're probably not going to get very many responses as this is the wrong forum. This should be in the DLS forum.

I think Shaneturner12 also has some tutorials on his site, and maybe his blog here, on this subject.

Edit: However, FYI, there are some legitimate server issues going on this weekend.

Last edited:
It's interesting that acouple of people have mentioned that it might be a "temporary issue with ther severs etc" because I have been having this problem for at least a couple of months now. When I first installed the sim it worked for that day - come the next day it would not connect and has not connected since. I am getting beyond frustrated. I have tried contacting NV3 about this and have had no response so far.

I'm normally a fairly patient person but this is wearing my patience thin. I even purchased a FCT in the hopes that may help, 2 days later and I have not been able to use my ticket yet as it still won't connect.

Getting angry.

Jasonztrainz

You need to access your account at Planet Auran and activate your FCT.

Last edited:
I have already activated my FCT and still no joy. And I appreciate there may be some legitimate server issues this weekend, but I have tried random days and many times over the last few months and I either have really bad luck or there is a genuine fault because it just refuses to connect.

Shane: I suspect something is amiss with the servers. For the past few days when I launch TRAINZ12 the Updates section of the Main Menu indicates "off line", rather than the usual 3 or 4 updates.

Last edited:
Shane: I suspect something is amiss with the servers. For the past few days when I launch TRAINZ12 the Updates section of the Main Menu indicates "off line", rather than the usual 3 or 4 updates.

Now fixed. I had to re-enter my username, password and user ID in TS12 options and all is good again.

Back