Does Auran/N3V still accept Paintshed locos onto the DLS?

colhad

QR Clyde/GMs
I've been out of the game for 12 years so I'm not up to speed with any changes. I tried uploading a paintshed item to the DLS only to have that item become riddled with errors after attempting, and then it wouldn't load into the game anymore. I had another version backed up so I could put it back in.

I think all PaintShed assets are build 1.5, AT MOST 2.6 as that is TRS2006 SP1, the last version to natively support it. The DLS requires a minimum build number of 3.5 for it to be uploaded. Also PaintShed is a very limited software, but if that's what you want to make an asset in I won't stop you

I still repaint PS templates in Paintshop Pro and I get alright results. Paintshed was limited but the better option was Paintshop Pro.

The paintshed meshes have not been included in the content set in versions after TS12. So you have to copy the mesh(es) into your asset folder and reference it from there. If you use the DLS webpages and search the description for paintshed then you will find many items that had been modified this way so you can use them as a reference to get a working config.

I've been out of the game for 12 years so I'm not up to speed with any changes. I tried uploading a paintshed item to the DLS only to have that item become riddled with errors after attempting, and then it wouldn't load into the game anymore. I had another version backed up so I could put it back in.
Twelve years. How time flies, good to see you active again :)

Back