Differences between 2004 and 2006?

Passengers fade in and out of platforms and IND-compatible passenger carriages, in Star Trek transporter style. They don't actually walk on or off trains. In addition, some passenger carriages have animated opening and closing doors.

John

Well fooey. I just made a quickie passenger scenario and used a Budd car for my passenger car. Put passengers at the station and sent out my engineer to pick them up. He arrived at the station but....NOTHING. Passengers didn't budge from the station platform. :'(

Is there a post or info somewhere that tells you what cars can be used and which passengers to use and any other details on how to do this?

Last edited:
Yep....did that and it's pretty neat. But my problem now is I don't know WHICH stations/platforms are capable of doing the loading-unloading activity. The ones I have in the route I am using (Wingersheek and Wisscasset) don't seem to work.

Just right-click on the station's track and if you get a detailed properties panel (with choices of how many passengers it handles), you know it's an interactive station.

Interactive objects in general are marked by a green tick showing in the object viewing window in Surveyor (at least in '04 and I hope also in later versions).

Interactive objects in general are marked by a green tick
And the letters IND.

"Industry" includes passenger services, the passengers being treated as "products" being transported.

There are other industry systems available for Trainz, notably LARS. IND is the built-in Auran system.

John

Dinorius and John: Bingo!!! That did it.
Good grief :(
None of these stations appear to be marked Ind. They are all USA stations. I found the interactive stations and they all seem to be UK. Well that explains why the passengers never get on the trains. Thanks again for your help. I really appreciate it.

Dep

An update to my original question

I've had "Trainz...the Complete Collection" and TRS 2006 on my comp for a couple of weeks. I have mixed feelings about TRS 2006. Some of the new stuff is pretty cool. Like the Marias Pass route and the improved graphics. But overall I do NOT think TRS 2006 is worth the money. A large number of routes are incomplete. I found one route that was available as a complete download for TRS 2004 that is only a fragment in TRS 2006. And there is no way to download the rest of it. The "Complete Collection" isn't very "complete" at all. It appears to be mainly an abbreviated rehash of TRS 2004 with a lot of stuff missing. I have no "stability problems" with TRS 2004, so there was no advantage there. And companies like TrainzProRoutes (the maker of the above-mentioned incomplete route) seem to have taken an anti-TRS 2006 attitude and aren't releasing anything for TRS 2006. What is available for TRS 2006 seems to be very sparse and just rehashes of TRS 2004 stuff. I can sure understand why people installed TRS 2006 and then ended up taking it off their comps. I will fiddle around with the Marias Pass route, but most everything else on TRS 2006 just doesn't obsolete or replace TRS 2004. I suspect I will eventually remove TRS 2006 from my comp like others have done. :(

Dep

okay since i have both ill tell you all about it

04: good. i have plenty of CSX engines for it
the bad:when i lay monorail track, it gives me an error message.

06: good.well. graphics are good. i like the NG stuff. i have spent more time than in 04 in driver.the bad:here we go... CMP is crummy, i have to restart my computer when its going slow.

edge: TRS2006

by a heartbeat

okay since i have both ill tell you all about it

04: good. i have plenty of CSX engines for it
the bad:when i lay monorail track, it gives me an error message.

06: good.well. graphics are good. i like the NG stuff. i have spent more time than in 04 in driver.the bad:here we go... CMP is crummy, i have to restart my computer when its going slow.

edge: TRS2006

by a heartbeat

2006: doesn't run well at all on my desktop comp. But it's a tad low in RAM. But I dunno if I want to upgrade the RAM just to run 2006. It's big $$$ for my RAM. Also, there seems to be a problem with whistle sounds. VERY quiet. :(

2004: has no problems at all. I use mainly UP or NYC for locos. Good selection of UP available for download (my favorite is the U50C). Graphics are acceptable enough that I can live with 2004 yet.

I tried TC and wasn't impressed at all. No way I'd ever buy it. If there was a Marias Pass route for 2004 for free, I'd delete 2006 today.

Edge for me is 2004. I guess it's kinda hard to repeat something as successful as 2004. I am gonna watch the 2009 release real closely, and if possible, try before I buy.

Back