Dependencies?

CChez

Hi all,

Very new to all of this. My son loves trains so I downloaded Trainz2019 for him.

My son wanted the Reading and Northern TS-12 map for his simulator which we found it at Jointedrail.com.

Two questions:
1. I'm assuming since he has a newer version of Trainz, the Reading & Northern map will work on 2019 despite saying "it's for TS-12 only". Am I correct? We did download it but it says we're missing dependencies.
2. If it will work, there's a link to 3rd party dependencies (which I think we need) that directs me to this form but takes me to an otherwise blank page. Is there a place on here (link) I can find the dependencies I need in order for the map to work?

Thanks!
Chez

On your launch screen, you will see manage content (CM). This will show all installed content. Look for your route and right-click on it then select show dependencies recursively. Highlight one and then from the edit choose select all. Right-click on any asset and then select download. This will download any missing assets that are on the DLS. The CM will show what is installed and what you can download by changing the title from installed to on download station.

Welcome to Trainz to you and your son, CCHez! Could you perhaps post the link to the third-party assets? We may be able to interpret for you or direct you. If it is for TS-12 there is a chance that the site has gone away, but sometimes there are ways to reach it via the Internet Archive - commonly called "The Wayback Machine".

On your launch screen, you will see manage content (CM). This will show all installed content. Look for your route and right-click on it then select show dependencies recursively. Highlight one and then from the edit choose select all. Right-click on any asset and then select download. This will download any missing assets that are on the DLS. The CM will show what is installed and what you can download by changing the title from installed to on download station.
Thank you. We're heading out the door soon so I will try this later (maybe tomorrow) and let you know

Welcome to Trainz to you and your son, CCHez! Could you perhaps post the link to the third-party assets? We may be able to interpret for you or direct you. If it is for TS-12 there is a chance that the site has gone away, but sometimes there are ways to reach it via the Internet Archive - commonly called "The Wayback Machine".
Thank you for the welcome! Here is a link to where we downloaded the route from..

EDIT: I did not see Stagecoach's post above before writing the large missive below. His is definitely the better bet!

Yes, so that link brings you to a page here:
http://forums.auran.com/trainz/show...ail-New-Releases-1-5-13&p=1092943#post1092943
That post features a link to all of the third-party dependencies. And indeed, the first several are for a deceased site, USLW. Fortunately, you can access that site through the Internet Archive here:
https://web.archive.org/web/20120705231253/http://uslw.net/content/downloads/files/
The link to the Weingarten set is broken, but you can access it here:
https://www.trainz.de/download/file/941-weingarten-set/
The Shamokin telegraph is also at USLW, so use the link above.
The HiRails link doesn't work, but they are at RRMods Wayback site:
https://web.archive.org/web/20191023092039/http://www.rrmods.com/scenery.shtml
Unfortunately, I don't have a link for TrainzDepot, and searching for it on the Wayback and Google did not give me any results. Perhaps someone else can chime in if they have that link. Unfortunately, the list doesn't actually say what the items are, so unless the KUID numbers are searchable, it may be difficult to find the assets even if we get a link.

You might try reviewing the route under "Edit Route" and look for orange wireframe boxes that represent missing assets. Then you can look in your CM for installed or DLS assets that may be viable substitutes. After placing them in the place of the wireframe boxes you can choose to "Delete Missing Assets". Or, if you think they are relatively unimportant, you can just delete them without substituting. At that time, you have to save the route under your own UserID. When I do this, I just name the duplicate route "RoutenameJT", which are my inititals. IT saves confusion, unless you delete the original route.

This brings up a fair warning: If you go looking for third party routes and assets, especially old ones from early versions, you may find yourself spending more time searching the internet for missing assets than running the simulator. To be more correct, this unfortunately can also happen with DLS routes and assets as well, and I run into it much more often than I would like. Best results are usually to download routes that are either "all DLS" routes, or the creator has posted working links to any outside assets. If you look under the "Freeware" forum, you will find lots of threads by creators who have uploaded routes and created threads that support the route and help to find missing assets.

Best of luck!

Trainz Depot is now Trainz.de. There used to be a link to their old TrainzDepot website to download the old content, but I think that is no longer active. It's been a while since I've been there. They are a great bunch of content creators who put much of their content on the DLS as well.

In Content Manager, where routes and other content is installed, you can list the missing assets.

To really help, it's best to show all the columns so that the IDs and status can be sorted by clicking on the column header. While the other columns aren't needed, they come in handy when looking for content and for other reasons as you'll find at some point as you manage content for your son.

In Content Manager (Manage Content on the Launcher), right-click on one of the column-names. A list will come up and click on one of the categories to add. Repeat this until all are added. You can then drag them around and arrange them how you want because they are all placed on the far right. They can also be resized as needed to fit on your screen.

Right-click on your route and choose List Dependencies.

A new window will open up.
Click on Status so that all the missing assets are listed together.

Highlight the list and press CTRL+C (CTRL and the letter C together) to copy the list into memory.

You can then paste the list here in the forums and we can then help you find the missing assets.

Hi all,

I've been going through all of this but must admit I'm a bit overwhelmed.

I think I also found another issue, which is that I downloaded Trainz 2019 from Steam. I was looking at the link from Stagecoach thinking I can get some or all of what I would need from there but I can't access DLS. I'm assuming this is because I don't have a serial number from Steam?

I then checked the links from Forester1. There's a lot of stuff there which seems good but I don't know what it is exactly that I need from there.

I did find something on flamerialzzztrainz.comroutes which did seem to fill in somethings according to my son but there's a lot still missing.

JCitron, I did right click on the Reading and Northern route in the Content Manager. I hit "List Dependencies" and then "Status". In the "Status" list, there are a lot of red lines that say "Modified, Faulty" and others listed (about 40 give or take) as "Modified, Missing Dependencies". These are the "Modified, Missing Dependencies " ones. Are they the ones you want?

<kuid2:77573:2300318:1> Barn, type1 w/sagging roof(unpaint) walls only
<kuid2:78193:200014:1> 10m horizontal stream
<kuid2:45324:24301:3> Searchlight Signal 06-LD
<kuid2:68787:100333:1> HP_US_Car_02_scenery
<kuid2:77573:230317:1> Barn, Shed 1a, 4x6m (unpaint boards & shingle roof) walls only
<kuid:9000:61005> ProXing 1t 90 1%
<kuid2:78193:200013:1> 20m horizontal stream
<kuid2:101046:100236:19> Right-Hand Drive DES
<kuid:78193:200012> 40m rapids
<kuid:39134:101379> Grade Xing Unprotected 2L 3T
<kuid2:151900:100227:2> forest birds 2
<kuid2:77573:2300355:1> Barn, type1a(red) walls only
<kuid2:77573:230378:1> Barn, type3i, 18m (unpaint boards w/clapboards at top & shingle roof) walls only
<kuid:39134:101378> Grade Xing Unprotected 2L 2T
<kuid2:77573:2300354:1> Barn, type1a(unpaint & corrugated roof) walls only
<kuid2:30671:27225:2> BI2 Bulk
<kuid2:56199:26004:2> CommercalBuilding
<kuid2:30671:27220:2> BI2 Grain
<kuid2:151900:100234:2> crows
<kuid2:77573:2300314:1> Door small 1
<kuid2:56199:26000:1> Empire
<kuid:39134:102748> Grade Xing ATLS No Right Turn Sign
<kuid:39134:100347> Grade Xing NRC ATWS Ped Gate No Sign
<kuid:68236:38003> Stone viaduct 4 Track
<kuid2:45324:24307:2> Searchlight Signal Approach/Distant
<kuid:39134:101363> Grade Xing Unprotected 2L 1T
<kuid2:68787:100350:1> HP_US_Car_19_scenery
<kuid:39134:101374> Grade Xing Unprotected 2L 1T 45R
<kuid:39134:101375> Grade Xing Unprotected 2L 1T 315R
<kuid2:39134:101090:2> Grade Xing US OH 4L 1T
<kuid2:45324:24300:3> Searchlight Signal 04
<kuid2:68787:100332:1> HP_US_Car_01_scenery
<kuid2:72938:11179:2> N&W Pullman Coach 4 V1'09
<kuid2:56199:28008:1> Watercolumn
<kuid2:45324:24360:3> Safetran CLight Signal 05
<kuid2:45324:24361:3> Safetran CLight Signal 05 (Left)
<kuid2:45324:24331:3> Searchlight Signal 06-LD (Left)
<kuid2:45324:24305:4> Searchlight Signal 06-RD
<kuid2:45324:24311:2> Searchlight Signal 08 Interlocking
<kuid2:56199:27015:1> TandCF3
<kuid2:56199:27016:1> TandCF4
<kuid2:76096:100199:1> US Level Crossing Tower

Yes, that's what's needed.

Highlight the list and choose download. Some of these assets are on the DLS such as the grade crossings and doing so should pick up a number of them. Others are from Jointed Rail under free content such as the Searchlight signals and Safetran signals.

On Jointed Rail's Route download page under the link for the Reading and Northern route, is an additional link for dependencies.

https://jointedrail.com/content/freeware/routes/rbmnaddldeps.cdp

Make sure you have installed this .CDP file. This will fill in some of the missing assets you have.

There are also other assets available in the Free content such as the searchlight signals and Safetran signals in larger .cdp files containing the various signals and other parts.

Other assets that are missing dependencies need to be investigated as well, but before you do those, finish up the route first at least as best as you can. Once the route is done, right-click on the other assets that are missing dependencies and choose download. After you do that, check for missing dependencies again for these assets.

Now, what are the faulty assets?
Content Manager is confusing here. Missing dependencies cause "faulty" content as well as actual faulty assets. We can get to this when we finish the dependencies issue first.

As a new Trainz user, I feel really sorry to see you go through this. It's really not a fair way to get thrown into the program. When Trainz works, it's great but this is one of the more painful sides. The good news is once you have these assets, they're available forever for you and you won't need to search for them again.

Yes, that's what's needed.

Highlight the list and choose download. Some of these assets are on the DLS such as the grade crossings and doing so should pick up a number of them. Others are from Jointed Rail under free content such as the Searchlight signals and Safetran signals.

On Jointed Rail's Route download page under the link for the Reading and Northern route, is an additional link for dependencies.

https://jointedrail.com/content/freeware/routes/rbmnaddldeps.cdp

Make sure you have installed this .CDP file. This will fill in some of the missing assets you have.

There are also other assets available in the Free content such as the searchlight signals and Safetran signals in larger .cdp files containing the various signals and other parts.

Other assets that are missing dependencies need to be investigated as well, but before you do those, finish up the route first at least as best as you can. Once the route is done, right-click on the other assets that are missing dependencies and choose download. After you do that, check for missing dependencies again for these assets.

Now, what are the faulty assets?
Content Manager is confusing here. Missing dependencies cause "faulty" content as well as actual faulty assets. We can get to this when we finish the dependencies issue first.

As a new Trainz user, I feel really sorry to see you go through this. It's really not a fair way to get thrown into the program. When Trainz works, it's great but this is one of the more painful sides. The good news is once you have these assets, they're available forever for you and you won't need to search for them again.
Hi JCitron,

I did this but unfortunately, I am unable to get anything from the DLS since I don't have a serial number. I think this is because I purchased Trainz 2019 from Steam. Would purchasing a "First Class Ticket" allow me to download from the DLS or is there another way around this issue?

No need to feel sorry and I really appreciate the help! My son (9 years old) is obsessed with trains (not limited to but especially steam) and has been since before he was a year old. My wife and I are not sure where is interest comes from (not us or Thomas the Tank Engine) but it's definitely something in his blood. We're fortunate enough to live in an area (Northeast Pennsylvania) where there's a tremendous amount of (steam)train activity not only nearby but also within a few hours of us and we have visited those places many times over the years! For me, this is a labor of love.

You do not need a serial number with newer versions. Have you opened settings on the launch screen and entered your username and password in the MyTrainz tab?

You do not need a serial number with newer versions. Have you opened settings on the launch screen and entered your username and password in the MyTrainz tab?
Yes, I actually just did that a few minutes ago. I didn't realize it wasn't linked. At Trainz2019 startup, I clicked on the settings tab, opened the "MyTrainz" tab and put in my login info. Seems to have worked but I don't see any serial number or I don't know where to find it. Also I'm not sure if a membership (or purchasing a "First Class Ticket") would make a difference but that's seems to be the way Trainz is leading me.

First class ticket will give you faster download speeds and has no daily limit. Membership at the present time may not be of use to you until you get familiar with the product. Click on MyTrainz at the top of this site and it will take you to MYTRAINZ DASHBOARD.

First class ticket will give you faster download speeds and has no daily limit. Membership at the present time may not be of use to you until you get familiar with the product. Click on MyTrainz at the top of this site and it will take you to MYTRAINZ DASHBOARD.
I think it's downloading from the DLS now. Not sure what happened before. I will let you all know how it works when everything is done downloading.

Hi all,

Got a lot of stuff downloaded from the DLS for the Reading and Northern route. It has definitely filled in quite a bit but there's still a lot missing. In the content manager, there's about 450 (give or take) "Modified Faulty" assets in red. I'm assuming these are the problem and what needs to be fixed?

Hi all,

Got a lot of stuff downloaded from the DLS for the Reading and Northern route. It has definitely filled in quite a bit but there's still a lot missing. In the content manager, there's about 450 (give or take) "Modified Faulty" assets in red. I'm assuming these are the problem and what needs to be fixed?
These 450 assets are most likely Speed Trees which unfortunately can't be replaced in-game. The issue is the IDV, the developer of Speed Trees, offers no upgrade path between versions. N3V originally used a 32-bit version of the Speed Tree library. When they updated to the 64-bit version, all the old trees, and there are tons of them, became instantly faulty. This unfortunately also means that any new trees created using the current Speed Tree engine will not work either.

The fix for this, well not really a fix and more like the only workaround, is to replace the old trees in an older version of Trainz such as TS12 with billboard trees or some that can be obsoleted and then import the route into the newer Trainz version. By some trees that can be obsoleted, I mean those created by RMM. His trees have 100% replacements in newer versions of Trainz so if his trees are used as replacements, they get upgraded automatically when the route is imported into the newer Trainz version.

Hi all,

I know it's been a while but I wanted to post an update. I went through the faulty assets and when I right clicked on them and chose "list asset versions" there were older versions available for download. I downloaded those and deleted the faulty version which ended up filling in the vast majority of missing stuff. My son is thrilled with the map! Thanks everyone for the help!

Back