Dependencies said to be contained in a download nowhere to be found?

PVP_playerPro

𝓣𝓻𝓪𝓲𝓷&#120
I have downloaded the Cylindrical Hopper Pack (the link says #2 but the page doesn't, btw), and the PBLX hopper is portrayed with Blue, 100-ton, S-2 wheels/trucks.

Issue: The blue trucks, which are said to be included in the .cdp, are not there... When i load the hopper into CMP, CMP cannot find the dependency anywhere, and i can't find it anywhere myself. I've installed every related dependency pack i could find on JR, and i now have almost every -other- type of S-2 truck in existence, and i still can't find these specific trucks.

Note: This is not the first or only instance of this kind of issue, all throughout JR, there is a ton of inconsistencies, un-findable dependencies, and sometimes just a complete lack of documentation. it would be cool if sometime this kinda thing can be sorted out, because it can get very frustrating. I'd gladly do it myself, but i don't have the time or sufficient internet speed, or, ya know, the most important part: permission.

I have downloaded the Cylindrical Hopper Pack (the link says #2 but the page doesn't, btw), and the PBLX hopper is portrayed with Blue, 100-ton, S-2 wheels/trucks.

Issue: The blue trucks, which are said to be included in the .cdp, are not there... When i load the hopper into CMP, CMP cannot find the dependency anywhere, and i can't find it anywhere myself. I've installed every related dependency pack i could find on JR, and i now have almost every -other- type of S-2 truck in existence, and i still can't find these specific trucks.

Note: This is not the first or only instance of this kind of issue, all throughout JR, there is a ton of inconsistencies, un-findable dependencies, and sometimes just a complete lack of documentation. it would be cool if sometime this kinda thing can be sorted out, because it can get very frustrating. I'd gladly do it myself, but i don't have the time or sufficient internet speed, or, ya know, the most important part: permission.

98% of the time the dependencies for specific cars are located in the actual CDP file you are downloading. There may be some differences in that but it is not often.
If you can point out the truck specifically you are looking for we can help you locate it as well but there are a ton of S-2 trucks we have made over time so I don't know which specific KUID you need.

Also any of these inconsistencies, unfindable dependencies and lack of documentation I would love examples of so we can fix this. We are still working on the new site fixing and modifying things so if theres something that you think is particularly confusing we'd love to know about it.

I'm not sure what you are looking for but in most cases the files we host are pretty easy to understand so im not understanding the confusion. Keep in mind some dependencies are on the DLS as well as in our dependencies section as well.

98% of the time the dependencies for specific cars are located in the actual CDP file you are downloading. There may be some differences in that but it is not often.
If you can point out the truck specifically you are looking for we can help you locate it as well but there are a ton of S-2 trucks we have made over time so I don't know which specific KUID you need.

The specific KUID for the blue S-2 trucks that are shown/said to come with the pack seems to be <kuid:532427:100173>, which CMP can't find on the DLS and i can't find it anywhere else. Additionally, not the first to encounter this issue: http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?125356-Unknown-asset

vsp0TdE.png

Quick note, since i don't have the time right now to go through make a full fledged list, the hopper pack page that i linked in the OP ^^^^ Doesn't list the Kuid numbers in the "Additional Information" section like some (most?) other things do

Last edited:
Primarily the kuid listing is a Payware function in most cases and was only adopted about 2 yrs ago, so anything prior to that has not received the full fledged KUID list in the add'l information tab. That would be a task in itself to go thru every single item we have to update that with the KUIDs found in the CDP and there is no way to automate that.

I will figure out the missing truck issue here later on today once I am in front of my Trainz PC.

Back