Custom categories.

sparky15

Hi all,
I was just curious, can you set up custom categories in Surveyor? Its a pain to dig through everything when track laying for example and disabling/enabling everything is getting old. What I would like to do is put my track, track templates, JK junctions and signals in one or two categories of their own. This way I can just click on those when building without having to wade through or disable everything else.

Thanks,

Dave......

Not sure what version you have, but with 2010 and possibly 2009 You could setup a custom keyword (via CMP) and save a custom search in Surveyor using that keyword.

Thanks EdrickV,
Sorry, forgot to mention, I'm using TC 1&2. I get bored laying track after a while and I also like to test fit objects as I build. Gives me a better idea of how things will look as I go, also saves on adjusting track later. All I would like to do is have a way to separate my junctions and template and such from my other scenery items.

It would be nice to open up the objects tab and click on say, templates instead of All, and have just the track templates show along with the Andi06 junctions. Its not so bad with the track since I can disable everything except the ones I'm using.

Hope I'm explaining it alright. I'm considering upgrading to 2009 but I just got TC tweaked to where I like it. Very little built in content left, most has been deleted completely. If I can do that with 09 I may jump. The smaller 5M brush size is almost worth it alone.

Thanks for the help.

Dave.......

Back