Ever since the recent update - Missing ground and other textures and terrain poking through the track when it never used to!

PhilChorusch01

I have already contact NV3 Games to report the issue I am having with several routes missing all ground textures including some routes missing other painted textures such as ballast is just an example of one route missing the ballast. I've also noticed that some routes terrain has gone really weird by appearing through the track when it never did originally.. This has happened since the recent trainz update

NV3 Games told me to rebuild the database, which I've already done more than once
I have also told NV3 Games, that updates for me doesn't come via content store as I did NOT purchase Trainz from the retail store or the Trainz store. It was brought on Steam, this does mean that I can't uninstall the update or revert Trainz to the previous version that was working prior to the update that screwed everything up 'As stated above'.

This is caused by PBR textures. You can solve this either by replacing all your textures with PBR textures, or by using the quick and easy way which is to change your graphic settings to Basic to disable the 3d-effect in PBR textures. The setting name has changed in the current version of TRS22. What used to be Standard is now Basic.

The issue is PBR textures have a 3d component to produce height and depth. PBR textures work well with other PBR textures including assets that are made with them such as some tracks with PBR textured ballast. The issue you have is the older 2d textures don't work well and the PBR textures covers over the 2d-textured assets.

I have recently begun the process of updating my textures to PBR to avoid this issue. But how do we know which tracks have PBR ballast? Content manager dousn't appear to show this property. Is there a way of working it out. Is it just Auran's tracks? Thanks.

I have recently begun the process of updating my textures to PBR to avoid this issue. But how do we know which tracks have PBR ballast? Content manager dousn't appear to show this property. Is there a way of working it out. Is it just Auran's tracks? Thanks.
Unfortunately, it's up to the content creator to include something in the asset name. Sometimes, we get lucky though with newer pro-track being mostly PBR ballasted.

This is caused by PBR textures. You can solve this either by replacing all your textures with PBR textures, or by using the quick and easy way which is to change your graphic settings to Basic to disable the 3d-effect in PBR textures. The setting name has changed in the current version of TRS22. What used to be Standard is now Basic.

The issue is PBR textures have a 3d component to produce height and depth. PBR textures work well with other PBR textures including assets that are made with them such as some tracks with PBR textured ballast. The issue you have is the older 2d textures don't work well and the PBR textures covers over the 2d-textured assets.
What is a PBR Texture? And where is this setting in Trains 2022 to switch to Standard/Basic? I only just got back into Trainz and having this happen is slowly making me regret getting back into the game.

What is a PBR Texture? And where is this setting in Trains 2022 to switch to Standard/Basic? I only just got back into Trainz and having this happen is slowly making me regret getting back into the game.
PBR is a term for how these textures are rendered and its full name is Parallax Based Rendering.
Wiki Article

You will find the graphics settings in your Trainz settings on the Launcher under the Performance tab.
Once you make the change, you will have to restart - it'll say so.

Well, how do I get PBR textures? Is it a separate download or is it payware or what???

My settings under that Performance tab are set as followed

Shadow Quality: Off
Shader Quality: Ultra
Texture Detail: Normal
Post Processing: Low
Water Quality: High
Detailed Scenery: Clutter + TurfFX
Antialiasing: 4x

Use physX simulation: 'Disabled'
Process objects behind camera 'Disabled'

Still not exactly sure where to change 'Standard/Basic' to whatever?? There's no such option!

In Classic surveyor, open the tetures tab and type PBR in the search box. it will list them. If you go to the download station and filter for textures, type PBR in the search box and it will show a list on the download station. There are now many available from the creators

Re Standard basic, Go to settings/Performance and open the 'Shader quality' tab. There is the list you are looking for..

In Classic surveyor, open the tetures tab and type PBR in the search box. it will list them. If you go to the download station and filter for textures, type PBR in the search box and it will show a list on the download station. There are now many available from the creators

Re Standard basic, Go to settings/Performance and open the 'Shader quality' tab. There is the list you are looking for..
Thanks mate,

Overall, it didn't solve the issue with routes missing textures and other painted textures.
Here is a list of the routes I'm having problems with

Caboolture to Landsborough 2000
Shorncliffe V1
Dorrigo
Bethungra 'Not to be confused with the new version Bethungra Spiral' which is working as it should.
NSW North Coast
Wagga Wagga 2006
Henty to Albury
QR Cloncurry-Prophate Hill
Junee 2006
Hay Branch (1, 2, 2A)
Hay Branch 3 Leeton
Wagga to Henty
Tablelands 2004
Goulburn Crookwell Taralga Revised
Leeton 2 Griffith
Brisbane South TRS 04