CSX takeover

denniscastle

my friend told me that csx is going to take over cn, cp, and go transit. is that true?

he also told me that up 844 is going to be scrapped.

WHAT THE HELL

GO Transit would be WAY to stubborn to be token over by someone else, CN and CP would deny and UP LOVES their steam engines

CP has backed down from an attempted merger with Norfolk Southern.

CSX is not attempting to take over anybody...and even if they were to make motions, the Surface Transportation Board would slap their teeth out.

GO Transit would not be "token" over by anybody...they are a federally-subsidized, government-run commuter agency.

Jeeezus, where do you kids hear this drivel?

Last edited:
From Wikipedia:
Following the end of the 2013 season, the locomotive was taken out of service for boiler work necessitated by a change in the water treatment, spending all of 2014 in Cheyenne. In 2015, it was announced that 844 would be receiving an early 15-year inspection and is expected to return to service sometime in 2016.
To suggest that Union Pacific would scrap 844 is quite frankly ridiculous. It is one of the most famous steam locomotives in the world. UP are actually expanding their steam fleet, they are currently restoring Big Boy No.4014.

Back