crossing

sardon

I used a crossing (jpn level crossing). The gates work fine but the red lights flash ALL the time. Is that the way this crossing should be or is there something wrong with it.
This is for trs2006

According to the config.txt file it is made for TRS2004. Some of TRS2004 signals don't work properly in TRS2006. The grade crossings made by bnsf50 are made for TRS2006 and work great. He has 194 of them on the DLS for all kinds of configuations.

Bob

I used one of bnsf's crossings (grade crossing griswold) and when I hooked the track to it , it looks great. But when I connect the road to it the realism goes away. The road covers over the track so that the track doesn't show. Isn't there a way to have both the track and the road show? The jpn crossing shows road and track.
Maybe I am expecting too much.

Don

Hi
The roads could be to high for your crossing. Try bnsf50's roads or download a lower road. Also some crossings stay on all the time, lights on bells on.
Michael

This is a good crossing and lights only work when train approaches. I just can't seem to find a road that works correctly with it.
I believe that all I have for roads are the default ones. I was thinking that any road should work but I guess not.
Thanks for the suggestion. I will d/l one of his roads.

Okay I now have some of his roads and the one I am using works perfect with his crossing so that is fixed. Thank you
I do have another problem though. I have a two lane street (with parallel parking) and I connected my two lane asphalt road to it, and at the point of connection there is a gap which I can't seem to get rid of no matter what I do. Any ideas?

Don

Last edited:
This is a good crossing and lights only work when train approaches. I just can't seem to find a road that works correctly with it.
I believe that all I have for roads are the default ones. I was thinking that any road should work but I guess not.
Thanks for the suggestion. I will d/l one of his roads.

Okay I now have some of his roads and the one I am using works perfect with his crossing so that is fixed. Thank you
I do have another problem though. I have a two lane street (with parallel parking) and I connected my two lane asphalt road to it, and at the point of connection there is a gap which I can't seem to get rid of no matter what I do. Any ideas?

Don

Hello Don
I just found this post so thought I would give you and any one else who is interested an explanation.
It all started as far as I can tell back in the day when Rob Shaw created the original crossings for Trainz. When he built his crossings he put the road connection points 15 3/4" below grade level, Why I don't know. But since he did then everybody that built roads had to build them or at least adjust them in the config file to be 15 3/4" above grade level or they would go 15 3/4" below grade where ever they connected to one of Rob Shaw's crossings. The problem with this is that if the roads are not connected to his crossings then they float 15 3/4" above the ground thus the reason for all of the floating roads and cars, since the cars were built 15 3/4" high so as not be buried in the roads and also the reason that the roads cover up the track, unless the are connected to one of Rob Shaw's crossings.
I chose not to take this route since I did not want my roads floating nor did I want them to cover up the tracks so all of my connection points for the roads and my crossings are at 0 level.

So does this mean that there is no way that my road (or, rather, your road) is going to connect to my 2 lane street?

Don

The way to connect two roads of different height is to use a short piece of invisible road to connect the two, then cover it with a short piece of one of the roads set to the same height. Use the shift key to prevent the cover piece from attaching to the active road.
This is a pain, I admit, but i've used it to connect road to an incompaatible crossing with good effect.

:cool: Claude

Back