CRITICAL! (MSTS2)

Right-Click on the Download link and choose Save As.... Then load the saved video into your player.

There's always one bright spark with a solution, thank you "young man"..:hehe:

My reaction is mixed, fabulous cab interior, but that was all that got me excited really. There were other things that I disliked, however, to be fair it is only a demonstration module. BUT, if this game isn't coming out until at least early 2009, what's to stop our well established creators generating better things for Trainz later this year....or in time to compete with this sim.
Sorry, but although it will be a brand new sim on the market, will it be any better than what is already around with a huge customer/creator loyal fan base.

Cheerz. ex-railwayman.

Last edited:
...Snip.... what's to stop our well established creators generating better things for Trainz later this year....or in time to compete with this sim. ---Cheerz. ex-railwayman.

Ahh, there's the rub, agreed the Trainz community has the best creators, but what Sim will they decide to create for if a new leader appears ?
If Auran climbs back into the saddle of the horse that just dropped them in the dirt, and produces something other than TC, they can maintain their status . But if I were a creator, (which I wish I were), I would be inclined to exhibit my talents with the Sim with the better graphics (also assuming they have a route builder and DLS) ? And yes, it could very well be Trainz ?

My thoughts, you little 'youngster' you ! :hehe: :hehe: ---DLR

One of the nicer things about MSTS2 is the addition of the virtual cab view. MSTS1 had only 3 views, Left, Center and Right, but it was easy to create cabviews using hi-res bitmaps and the built-in cab configurator. I'm wondering if all of the MSTS2 locos will have engine-specific cabviews as default and will be customable.

Nice! This looks like an excellent product that will offer something different from Trainz. I'm sure there will be additions and subtractions from what we we see here before the final product is released next year.

I'll most likely install this along with Trainz on my system. Why not? It won't cause the computer to explode! :p

John

You're making conclusions about software that isn't even in beta yet, and basing them off of defunct software that shares only the name with the new software.
Defunct...? Now there's a conclusion for you...:hehe: The nice thing about MSTS2, and KRS for that matter, is that you can have your cake and eat it too...never did get what that meant, but the Statler Brothers' song; You Can Have Your Kate and Edith Too, made more sense....You can have MSTS2 and Trainz too if you want. If you like one better than the other...that's great...don't feel you have to share that with everyone....you can, but you don't have to...:cool:

Who is going to build a computer as stoutas the one Microsoft did that video with, just to play a train simulator?

If you don't think that box had dual SLI video tons of RAM and a lot of processor, you don't know how Microsoft works :) I for one don't have $10,000 to put into a PC just to play Microsoft train simulator.

Nor do I. Just a mere $800 rolls into 80fps over Cajon pass with 3dTrains' scenery upgrade

Nor do I. Just a mere $800 rolls into 80fps over Cajon pass with 3dTrains' scenery upgrade

A "mere" $800 may seem trifling to some to spend on a computer upgrade just to play games. To others less financially secure, its a down payment on a used car. Happily for the game developers, they are in the higher brackets and can afford the more powerful machines to test them on, but seem to forget the other half of the wage scale.

looks nice, got a few minor mistakes that can't be corrected, graphics are nice,etc. never had msts (never cared about train sims until i went to work for the railroad to be honest), anyway, i like trs06 because i can switch cars and build routes, etc...plus i can download cars that are actually down here. don't see a whole lot of lumber cars down here on the gulf coast :hehe: just outta curiousity, does msts allow you to switch cars? just curious, thanks

From What I have read MSTS it will have no industries, loading or unloading of rollingstock, and AI trains will only be able to be seen when passing can't send them off to do anything as in Trainz. From What I read It is a Train Driving Simulator NOT a Railroad Simulator so for me its a dead duck

Plus if you can't get 10m or 20m DEM data into whats the point.

Cheers

From What I have read MSTS it will have no industries, loading or unloading of rollingstock, and AI trains will only be able to be seen when passing can't send them off to do anything as in Trainz. From What I read It is a Train Driving Simulator NOT a Railroad Simulator so for me its a dead duck
Cheers

You must have read the wrong webpage if your referencing MSTS2. The MSTS "2" webpage, by Mircrosoft, clearly states that there WILL be intertactive industries and the such.

If you refer to Microsoft's orginal MSTS, then you are right, it was only a driving sim.

Excerpt from TSinsider.com:

"As Real As It Gets™

Detailed 3-D cabs, locomotives, and rolling stock with real-world physics, functioning signals and switches, passenger/freight loading and unloading, dynamic weather, highly-detailed DirectX 10 graphics, and 5.1 Surround Sound all provide a highly realistic experience.
Hi-Definition Living World

Highly-detailed routes in North America and Europe combine with innovative terrain modeling, custom and automatically-generated scenery objects, and 3-D systems to enable a realistic low-and-slow experience that brings the world alive. A sophisticated dispatching system with AI trains model realistic railroad operations."

- http://www.tsinsider.com/en-US/product/Pages/default.aspx

Nikos the whole world mabe there but it will not be in the kind of detail as you can get with DEM, the "whole world" would take an incrediable amount of disk space.

Greg the info I read was early MSTS2 info from a blog the was direct coment from lead developer, and he clearly state no interactive industres an AI that simiply drives past your train.

After ready this I lost interest

Things must have changed

Cheers

Lots_Trains

If its like FSX you would get a few areas that have been fully detailed and the rest of the area would be default and sickningly alike. People would create new scenery that overides the default and puts new scenery in its place.

Ah, I see.

It could change. MSTS2 is still so early in the development stage, anything could happen... :D

I will invest in MSTS2 when it is released, regardless of the presence of the interactive stuff. I personally hope it does have the interactive industries; that's what orginally brought me to Trainz (railroads with a purpose...)

I'll always stay with Trainz, as long as Trainz is here; mainly because of the ease of the route building tools and the diversity of the forums. :cool:

Back