Copy Cat??

stouthm

Get over it
Just noticed on the dls that a member that goes by the username:rossolabo has uploaded about 5 dozen assets by the name JCAR that look the same as older assets. If I'm wrong I apologize but I think the user just copied the older assets and put them back on the dls.

If you know who created the original assets that these were copied from, you should inform them. They might have given rossolabo permission to copy or, if not, may want to pursue the matter further. N3V’s policy is that they need the original creator to inform them of copyright breaches before they can do anything like remove items from the DLS, issue warnings etc.

Just noticed on the dls that a member that goes by the username:rossolabo has uploaded about 5 dozen assets by the name JCAR that look the same as older assets. If I'm wrong I apologize but I think the user just copied the older assets and put them back on the dls.

According to conversations in Japan screenshot thread, rossolabo already asked permission to the original author (hirochi) for creating an track object version of his JCAR assets for use on region created by rossolabo himself, and it seems that he got permission not long after contacted hirochi in both PM and e-mail messages. The track object version created by rossolabo only contains config file and thumbnail image (with the mesh table uses "mesh-asset"), which means that it does not directly using original mesh and texture files from the original JCAR assets.

Folder-contents.png

Here is the example of contents in the asset folder in "open for editing" mode. It is clear that the track object asset only contains thumbnail image and config.txt itself.

And to prove that rossolabo used "mesh-asset" syntax in the config file, here is the screenshot:

Mesh-table.png

Hope this helps to clarify everything in this problem.

Thanks in advance,

Arya.

Back