Cootes Lane MPD

Lord-Claud-Hamilton

Happy with the one Star >
Cootes Lane MPD is a *Model Railway* type layout. I created the route because I wanted somewhere to 'show case' the excellent BR Blue period locomotive reskins by tmz06003 and others.

The layout is set sometime in the 1970's and doesn't have a set location/region.

As I said above, the layout is designed to be operated like a model railway. The four track main line on the embankment and viaduct is a scenic break. All four lines are connected to Portals for you to program as you like.

I decided to use the traverser as the fiddle yard because that is what I personally prefer. Replacing it with a portal wont take long if that is what you want.

The Wharf was included to add some operational interest and because I've been looking for an excuse to build an urban version of 'Little How' for some time now.

At some stage this layout will be incorporated into a larger module of my 'UK in the City' routes.

You will also need to download all the foliage sets from this site: http://www.greenery.name/mstsg/mstsgd.htm?trainz,1

Screnshots will follow soon.

Oh- thanks for mentioning our group there:)

I'm looking for a suitable route to showcase the new work myself, I'm currently using the excellent 'compact route' by eso but loading this with locos is a strain on my pc.

I look forward to your screenshots.

If I may oblige, I have been having a little play on this route this weekend, and informed Chris of his superb, highly detailed layout accordingly. Only thing is, that because of the vast amounts of eye-candy used to enable such a breathtaking little map, it does lag terribly on low spec computers......
Anyway, his Lordship said that as I had already taken some screenies, to pop them up for everyone's perusal - there's nothing like a bit of free advertising......LOL

Happy Trainzing......Looking forward to your next instalment Chris....:mop:

P.S. Tony, I'm sure you'll recognise some of the locos I used for my screenies.....Not all BR Blue though, a little variety for the period.

Cheerz. ex-railwayman.

Last edited:
Great work and looks absolutely tremendous.

But, damn it, as soon as I add any rolling stock it brings my 'puter to its knees!

Phil

Absolutely stunning, and a perfect showcase, as you intended. It's also an absolute treasure trove of assets for detailing scenes with.:mop:

Many thanks,

Anthony

Wonderful screenies Chris, I'll just pop a few more up taken at night, your lighting effect was done very nicely, this will be my last job-lot of your little layout, there's also a very special visitor to your MPD, fresh out of the paintshops.....:hehe:

Cheerz. ex-railwayman. :wave:

Nice screenies ex- not sure I like the perspective in that last shot of the 40 though- makes the nose look about a mile long!

That could evolve a new nickname for the 40s- answers on a postcard please!

Hello Chris,

Route looks great as allways, I noticed you did some shopping behind the former iron curtain for atmosphere so to speak. :cool:

Actually I found all kuid's but one. Maybe you remember where this one is coming from: <kuid:217096:50020>

Greetings from rainy Amsterdam,

Jan

I couldn't be bothered going on the "Grand Tour Of Missing Dependencies" so I deleted those that were missing, patched up the missing textures and did a "Save As".

It's a great little module.

I've done some comparative testing on a few of the PC we have, in TRS2004 with all sliders maxed and shadows on, with just the built-in AN 830 locomotive on the main central axis of the route.

Using FRAPS to measure frame rates:

Older single core 3.2GHz, 2G RAM, 512MB AGP video, XP:
8 frames per second

Newer duel core 2.4GHz, 2G RAM, 512MB PCI-e video, XP:
11 frames per second

Newest quad core 2.8GHz, 4G RAM, 1G PCI-e video, Vista:
10 frames per second.

Spending $2,000+ on the best and latest box may not be the way to go. I suspect that if I had a PCI-e video slot and card in the single core it would have produced the best results.

Phil
_____

EDIT:

Just tried the above in TRS2009 beta on the single core 'puter.
FRAPS gave 13 frames per second (compared to 8 fps with TRS2004).
Others who are better at maths than me can tell me how much of an improvement that is. My guess its almost twice as fast.

Last edited:
Can you help please?
Having downloaded this great route - (I already use Little How & Skinners Lane)-I find myself missing quite a few dependencies. I don't know where I've gone wrong as no one else seems to be having a problem. I have also downloaded the greenery as stated.
This is the list:-
Unknown Location: <kuid:128184:27002>
Unknown Location: <kuid:128184:28064>
Unknown Location: <kuid:128184:28211>
Unknown Location: <kuid:128184:28261>
Unknown Location: <kuid:128184:28284>
Unknown Location: <kuid:147131:261099>
Unknown Location: <kuid:147131:261214>
Unknown Location: <kuid:147131:30001>
Unknown Location: <kuid:147131:30005>
Unknown Location: <kuid:175127:27014>
Unknown Location: <kuid:175127:27015>
Unknown Location: <kuid:175127:27017>
Unknown Location: <kuid:175127:27027>
Unknown Location: <kuid:175127:27028>
Unknown Location: <kuid:175127:27029>
Unknown Location: <kuid:175127:28030>
Unknown Location: <kuid:175127:28031>
Unknown Location: <kuid:175127:28032>
Unknown Location: <kuid:175127:28033>
Unknown Location: <kuid:175127:28053>
Unknown Location: <kuid:175127:28054>
Unknown Location: <kuid:175127:28055>
Unknown Location: <kuid:217096:50020>
Unknown Location: <kuid:77641:23129>
Unknown Location: <kuid2:149987:21903:1>
Unknown Location: <kuid2:51536:1014:1>
Unknown Location: <kuid2:51536:1015:1>
Unknown Location: <kuid2:51536:1016:1>
Unknown Location: <kuid2:51536:1017:1>
Unknown Location: <kuid2:64394:27405:1>

Apologies if this is in the wrong category, but I see that the thread had been moved.
Thank you.

David

Hello David, the answer to a few of your missing assets is located in the UK screenshot thread, around about post #5145.....I would link it here, but have forgotten how to do it...:eek:

Some of the other missing assets you can find on these websites ;-

KUID 128184 - roslas ( Hungary ) http://www.roltrainz.hu/
KUID 77641 - stelerp ( Czech ) http://trainzpedro.cz/
KUID 149987 - vendel ( Hungary ) http://www.trainz.hu/
KUID 64394 - Angiel ( Italy ) http://www.trainzitalia.com/index.php I think the item you want is called cancello2
KUID 175127 - bogesz ( Hungary ) http://www.bogesz.cjb.hu/scenery/sceneryindustry.html
KUID 147131 - Niffi ( Germany )
I will locate the assets for you - cannot remember what they are - trees, I think....

Cheerz. ex-railwayman.

Last edited:
ex-railwayman:
Thank you for helping out Steve, it's appreciated.

creditonian:
The information that ex-railwayman mentioned is listed below..........

Kuid's 51536 are by zxr400 and can be deleted from the route.

Kuid 217096 is by bobsanders and is a window that I used on some of the arches. I think Bob was going to send it to the DLS.

Let me know if you are still missing content.

Chris

Not a problem at all young Chris.....I wouldn't want anyone to miss out with playing on your wonderful creation.

David - the missing assets by niffi are various scenery buildings and trackside accessories, try clicking on this to see if you can download the zip folder with everything in it, it's got a bagful of useful items....It's quite big - over 30 mgs and beware of the free advertising pop-ups, but you can delete them afterwards.....

http://www.mediafire.com/?ylmdmctfsjm

Cheerz. ex.

Last edited:
Hi Chris,

Kuid 217096 is by bobsanders and is a window that I used on some of the arches. I think Bob was going to send it to the DLS.

Let me know if you are still missing content.

Chris

Ok, I'll see if it's there yet.

Btw, for all who do kuid hunts for items not on the DLS, I have very good results by just googling for them. That's how I found them all except the one quoted above....:cool:

One sad note though, allthough it looks great in Surveyor, the route isn't really runnable on my pc. As philskene mentioned I do have a PCI-e slot and card, but 128Mb isn't by far enough... So I'll archive it for when a better box comes along that's in the pipeline for next year...

Greetings from overcast Amsterdam,

Jan

Hi Jan, yes, my PC struggled and I only have a 256mb card, so it is advisable to have a 256mb or even a 512mb card to run this layout OK
I hope you are able to play with this next year...:)

Cheerz. ex-railwayman from a wintery England....:wave:

Back