Content Manager 3.7 keeps freezing

d0g

Hello all,

I have noticed that lately my content manager keeps locking up within a few seconds of being launched. Upon opening, it verifies my username with Planet Auran, then says "Searching" under the "download" tab and that's when it freezes. If I click anything at that point it says "Not Responding." I have checked in the task manager, and the actual "Content Manager" task seems to fluctuate between 11 and 12 under CPU usage, however TAD-DAEMON stays at 0. The last time I had it open successfully, I remember having set the search parameters to search for a specific author's content. Not sure if that has anything to do with it.

I have checked in the game itself, and all of the content appears to be unaffected; as the routes load as normal and none of the locomotives/rolling stock are faulty. I do have a non-SP1 version of Trainz on this same machine. Yesterday I was transferring content between the two, but left myself a few minutes after closing one to start the other, which I thought was sufficient to allow the first instance of the program to close completely, so not sure if that could be the culprit. Any advice is appreciated.

Known issue in TS12 61388.

Unlikely N3V will ever fix it now they are fully occupied with TANE.

Workaround is to proceed slowly and cautiously - don't try and download too much at once and once Download Helper starts acquiring and downloading, don't do anything else with the program or your PC. i.e. Don't scroll the list looking for more items, don't try and add anything to the download list, don't Alt-Tab to another program to pass the time. Just leave it to download what you've selected.

This bug is one of several reasons why many TS12 users stick with 49922 as their working version.

Got it figured out. I had not cleared my list of downloads from yesterday, which was about 40 megs or so. It still reported that as "downloaded today" in the dls panel, so through troubleshooting I cleared the download list immediately after it verified my username, which fixed it. Guess it had something to do with the download list. Not quite sure. It's now working as expected though. Thanks!

Hello all,

I have noticed that lately my content manager keeps locking up within a few seconds of being launched. Upon opening, it verifies my username with Planet Auran, then says "Searching" under the "download" tab and that's when it freezes. If I click anything at that point it says "Not Responding." I have checked in the task manager, and the actual "Content Manager" task seems to fluctuate between 11 and 12 under CPU usage, however TAD-DAEMON stays at 0. The last time I had it open successfully, I remember having set the search parameters to search for a specific author's content. Not sure if that has anything to do with it.

I have checked in the game itself, and all of the content appears to be unaffected; as the routes load as normal and none of the locomotives/rolling stock are faulty. I do have a non-SP1 version of Trainz on this same machine. Yesterday I was transferring content between the two, but left myself a few minutes after closing one to start the other, which I thought was sufficient to allow the first instance of the program to close completely, so not sure if that could be the culprit. Any advice is appreciated.

same with me but I deal with it :cool:

Back