Consistently Interrupted Downloads

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicky9499

SSoTW Bot
Dear JR,

Of late I have been having issues downloading both freeware and payware from your site.

Tried Firefox, Chrome and Internet Explorer 11.
Tried multi-threaded download manager (Orbit; this usually gobbles up practically every URL I throw at it).
Tried Windows 7 and OSX 10.6.8.
Tried wired and wireless connections.

As always the download will progress very nicely and at high speed...until it's almost done. Invariably it will just stop there and stare at me. I can restart the download and it'll be the same old story over and over again. Orbit starts 8 threads and all of them will end up as "Closed link to jointedrail.com". Able to ping the site with an average latency of 200ms over 100 packets.

I'm trying my best to be patient but this joke won't stay funny for long guys.

Last edited:
I don't appear to be having problems, in fact my downloads appear to be going faster than usual. I run out of Torch browser. Perhaps you could try that?

I don't know man. My connection has been wonky the past month or so, I've already got ISP on the case. Even so, at it's worst it's just slow and I haven't experienced any disconnections or failures. Heck, I'm downloading an entire season's worth of episodes at over 5MB/s as we speak.

I'd get that connection fixed and check again. Could be the problem there, as JR isn't the fastest site in the world and a kinda wonky connection can't help.

By wonky I meant it isn't performing up to expectations but is still working with an acceptable throughput. I can download stuff from other sites (html/ftp/torrent) fine and dandy so this is not looking like a connection-wide issue.

Well it isn't us causing it (no jokes :) ). JR outputs somewhere near a Tb a month and this is the first I have heard of it timing out. I am sorry to say I think it is your internet connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back