Consist in Hidden Layer

Paul_Bert

Train Enthusiast
This may have been answered in a previous thread, but I can't find it.

I have a route with a consist in a hidden layer. The consist is invisible. When I try to add cars at this point it indicates that there is already a consist there in a hidden layer. I can't remove the track because it thinks there is a consist already on it.

Any suggestions on how to get rid of this invisible consist.

Thanks.

When I try to add cars at this point it indicates that there is already a consist there in a hidden layer.

Is this in Surveyor (adding cars with the F7 Trains tool) or Driver (adding cars by coupling)?

If it is in Surveyor then can you change the layer from Hidden to Visible?

I can't remove the track because it thinks there is a consist already on it.

That is very sensible. A common problem in Trainz occurs when users remove or even just move a track section in a Route layer which happens to contain a consist in a Session layer but they have only loaded the Route into Surveyor for editing. The consist will then become an invisible "missing asset".

Any suggestions on how to get rid of this invisible consist.

Make sure that the Session has been loaded into Surveyor. If making the hidden layer visible does not work then use the Delete missing assets command in Surveyor would be my only suggestion.

When all else fails, try Delete Missing Assets. That seems to clear up situations like this.

I only edit routes/sessions in the session layer.

I cannot find anywhere how to make a hidden layer visible. In surveyor 1 I only find two layers listed: route layer and session layer. Nowhere do I find any hidden layer.

I tried to delete missing assets, but this does not solve the problem.

My next step will be to just remove the affected baseboard and recreate that portion on a new baseboard.

I cannot find anywhere how to make a hidden layer visible. In surveyor 1 I only find two layers listed: route layer and session layer. Nowhere do I find any hidden layer.

In Surveyor, hidden layers are only hidden from view in the "work screen" area. They still appear as layers in the layer tool with the "Eye" icon next to their name closed. See https://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/How_to_Use_Layers#Hiding_Layers. If you have a situation where all the named layers (in the Layer tool) are visible (Eye icons "open") and Trainz is reporting that there is a "hidden" layer then I would suspect file/data corruption.

Try a DBR.

Last edited:
The problem has been fixed. A FBR did not help. I decided the route/session data base must be corrupted. Bringing back a recent backup would not help since it also would have the route corruption.

I had an older computer that I used until 2 years ago for TRAINZ. I fired it up and found a good version of the route. Copied it over to the new computer and everything is fine.

I have no idea what caused the corruption on the current computer. Thanks for the input.

Back