Connex South-Eastern?

Lukemax

Hi all, im looking for a newer Connex South-Eastern train?, is there any around? i know theres only old one is dowload station but not sure about the rest of internet, only comes up with expansian packs for MSTS. if i search

Joergen

Hi Luke

Sorry, but the only one I found is the same as yours, not even a Thameslink!! By the way, don't they drive 421's on the South Eastern now. I've been away for a bit.

Chris

Is that the white/yellow Connex South Eastern or the one after that (SouthEastern Trains)?

Regards, Kev

Last edited:
Hi Luke

Sorry, but the only one I found is the same as yours, not even a Thameslink!! By the way, don't they drive 421's on the South Eastern now. I've been away for a bit.

Chris

Firstly, both questions cannot be answered, firstly, Southeastern run such a vast fleet of stock, it is impossible to to tell you what trains there are. If you are asking for something, please be more specific! (some trains are on my list to make, others not!).

Secondly, its not Connex any more, its GoVia. GoVia run trains here as well (they call it, SUTHERN!) and they are better than Brousses company, for a start, they don't Cause Striking Crews! (Conenx South Central - dirty word here!) It has been like that since 2001!

Thirdly, Class 411/421/423 4-CEP/CIG/VEP (in that order) have long gone from South West Trains, SOUTHERN and Southeastern metals for atleast 2 years now, they, like most other classic Mk1 stock had to be withdrawn at a predetermined period (as laid down by the Health & Safety executive) which kept getting pushed further and further back, because the new trains aren't ready for service! Therefore, all mainline Mk1s, unless a rake of Mk1 deritive trains* are sandwiched between 2 coaches of MkII or newer origin or their use is going to be at a speed lower than 25mph, (40mph if fitted with Central Door Locking) are not allowed to be used.

* The special case applies here that exempts 2 3-CIG units, 1497 and 1498, which are exclusively allowed to run on the mainline, they are the only 2 slam door units in service to this date and the exeption lasts until 2013. The lines they are restricted to carry passengers on, is the Lymington to Brockenhurst branch. These units can run on their own without any other coaches in tow or use, since they are isolated from most other trains on the mainline (ok, the platform at Brockenhurst isn't exactly isolated, but the HSE are happy about the risk it poses.).
The other exemption which I forgot until I edited this message, was the 2 bubble cars. One running between Pricess Risbrough to Aylesbury (same reasons) and Cardiff Queen Street to Cardiff Bay (again, same reason).

Hope this is of interest and helpful.

Last edited:
If its a 421 in either Connex or Southern (as can be seen in my signature below) you're after, the first beta of my CIG set has skins of both. The links for these are over on the UKTrainz site (temporarily down, but I will post you a link when the site is back up), along with the beta2 version.

The beta2 is also available via this forum at this thread: http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?t=16115
currently only in Blue-Grey (although ther are some third-party reskins available)

These may fill the gap for you.

Regards, Kev

Last edited:
To WEN, I quite realise that Connex got the push as I didn't leave the area until 2003, but I'm primarily looking for "Brighton" stock, or at least something that fits the scene. I'm not sure that you even get the same stock now in Chichester.

To Tempest, thank you, I will have a look tommorrow. The TL looks nice.

Chris

It'll be nicer if you used the classification, it makes it easier for us.)

These are Class 375 'Electrostars'. Introduced in 1998 and troublesome ever since. (I regulary use their sisters, Class 377s, they are Southerns order and believe me, when one shuts down in snow and ice, in the freezing cold, it ain't funny!)

You can find them here, but you'll have to perform some modifications, like repaint the shell, but because of the terms of licence, you cannot distribute the modifications, so if you modify them, they have to stay on your computer. You'll find them here (in Payware:
http://shop.alphatwofive.com/product_info.php?products_id=50
They aren't mine, but I do intend to make a better version in the future, hopefully, more accurate too, quite simply, I use them every day and Snowsignals ones are wrong in a lot of ways. (I should stop slatering the model.) Before you ask how long, it could be upto a year, I don't get a lot of time now to produce models and whatever spare time I do have, is taken up by lots of other things.
Oh, don't look for the surburban, high capacity version, there isn't one yet

These are Class 411 4-CEPs, now sadly gone to Immingham, to be cut into smaller pieces and shipped off to a (probably) Chinese steel mill. (Scrapped in other words - or preserved)

There maybe a few reskins available, look on the download station. I created the side panel to one, but never finished it, theres loads of others to do, before I can get this done.

Class 465 "Networker".

Jivebunny had one in development, particulary his Thames Turbo (which is very simliar, just has longer cars and diesel engines.) I've not heard a lot about it recently as he is working on other things to. So don't be too impaitent.

HTHs

Last edited:
To WEN, I quite realise that Connex got the push as I didn't leave the area until 2003, but I'm primarily looking for "Brighton" stock, or at least something that fits the scene. I'm not sure that you even get the same stock now in Chichester.

http://russellsphotos.fotopic.net/p14135426.html
http://russellsphotos.fotopic.net/p39270836.html
As you were saying?

Yes, we don't get 376s and Networkers, but a quarter of the Class 377s that Southern ordered was a Connex order anyway! By the way, the 377/3s were Class 375s originally,

If its a 421 in either Connex or Southern (as can be seen in my signature below) you're after, the first beta of my CIG set has skins of both. The links for these are over on the UKTrainz site (temporarily down, but I will post you a link when the site is back up), along with the beta2 version.

The beta2 is also available via this forum at this thread: http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?t=16115
currently only in Blue-Grey (although ther are some third-party reskins available)

These may fill the gap for you.

Regards, Kev

Where may I find the beta1 version of your CIG in Southern livery?

I think someone should make a Class 465 for Trainz. I love the things. I've tried creating one myself but I'm still in the newbie stage in Gmax

Last edited:
Back