Confused about content vault

jordon412

33 Year Old Railfan
I decided to try out the Silver Class Promo earlier this year and I noticed that several routes I already have are now in the Content Vault: Balezino-Mosti, which I got as a special deal off the Trainz Store during a special sale at Christmastime in 2017, TANE Kickstarter Country, Healesville, both of which were included in TANE Deluxe edition that I purchased, and Port Zyd & Fulazturn Railroad, which is part of the TMR17 DLC that I also previously purchased. My question is: If I cancel my membership, will I lose these routes, as the E-Mail I received said that if I cancel my membership I will lose access everything in my Content Vault. I'm trying to save money to buy the Boxed edition of TRS2019, so I'm planning on cancelling my membership to save that money. However, if I am unable to access these routes that I have previously purchased by cancelling my membership, I'm not going to be a happy person. I don't care about anything else in my Content Vault, just those routes that I've already had before tying out that promo.

Last edited:
That most likely applies to content that you download from the Content Vault and not stuff you purchased. If anything maybe Tony Hilliam can confirm this, but I think this is the case.

My question is: If I cancel my membership, will I lose these routes, as the E-Mail I received said that if I cancel my membership I will lose access everything in my Content Vault.
Yes. When you cancel the Silver membership, anything provided under that subscription reverts to 'Installed payware (not active)'. This will leave many other routes with missing dependencies, as they share common content.

That's not Right, N3V. That's a Scam!

Yes. When you cancel the Silver membership, anything provided under that subscription reverts to 'Installed payware (not active)'. This will leave many other routes with missing dependencies, as they share common content.

Well, that's not right. I already paid for that content once, now I've got to pay every month to keep it? If you've already paid for it before it was added to the Content Vault, even when you bought it years ago, then you shouldn't have to payeven more to keep it. That's just a scam. Not often do I get angry about stuff N3V does, but when it comes to paying for something, I should have to pay to buy something once and not have to then pay to keep it years after buying it. Who's idea was it to include those routes anyway, particularly TANE Kickstarter Country and Healesville, which comes with the standard edition of TANE. I bought the Deluxe Edition of TANE, and Port Zyd & Fulazturn Railroad, which is included in the TMR17 add on DLC. I can understand if you bought it for TRS19 and/or after the Content Vault was implemented, then before, that's just wrong.

That most likely applies to content that you download from the Content Vault and not stuff you purchased. If anything maybe Tony Hilliam can confirm this, but I think this is the case.
Correct John.

Items previously owned (including those purchased items purchased from our Trainz Store while a member) remain owned.

Items selected from the Content Vault will show as payware not active. If you rejoin, these items will become available again.

The reason the TANE items are included is that currently ~30% of TRS19 owners do not own TANE, so removing these items would detract from the value for those people.​

Correct John.

Items previously owned (including those purchased items purchased from our Trainz Store while a member) remain owned.

Items selected from the Content Vault will show as payware not active. If you rejoin, these items will become available again.

The reason the TANE items are included is that currently ~30% of TRS19 owners do not own TANE, so removing these items would detract from the value for those people.​

Thank you Tony. I will end my membership now to save some money to buy TRS2019. I'm thinking about going with the Silver Membership when I get TRS2019, but I haven't decided between it and First Class Ticket as I don't have the deepest pockets. I guess I didn't have to get all bent out of shape after reading sailordan's post.

Last edited:
Back