Content Manager Stuck

perrybucsdad

Hi all, I am new to Trainz 2019, and I am growing very frustrated with the content manager. I have been trying to download some routes, and other items, and the slow connection process just set me off over the top yesterday. Since I have 300M down on my circuit, I upgraded to Gold so I could avoid the modem like speeds, but it seems I still have modem like speeds. Sure, it will start out quite fast, but for example, right now, I am downloading 37 items that were messed up yesterday and it got to item 22 and now it is slowly going down in speed 10kb/sec. Why is it so hard to download things?

Also, many of my items that I download say they are missing something, but when I look at the dependencies, it says <unknown asset>. How do I resolve all of this? I'm about ready to cancel my membership and look for something else, but the simulation is fun, so I am hoping I am just doing something wrong.

Hi all, I am new to Trainz 2019, and I am growing very frustrated with the content manager. I have been trying to download some routes, and other items, and the slow connection process just set me off over the top yesterday. Since I have 300M down on my circuit, I upgraded to Gold so I could avoid the modem like speeds, but it seems I still have modem like speeds. Sure, it will start out quite fast, but for example, right now, I am downloading 37 items that were messed up yesterday and it got to item 22 and now it is slowly going down in speed 10kb/sec. Why is it so hard to download things?

Also, many of my items that I download say they are missing something, but when I look at the dependencies, it says <unknown asset>. How do I resolve all of this? I'm about ready to cancel my membership and look for something else, but the simulation is fun, so I am hoping I am just doing something wrong.

FCT have you activated it? https://www.auran.com/planetauran/AT_display_tickets.php and if you have you need to clear or cancel all existing downloads as anything pre activation will still be queued on the slow server.

The indicated speed in Manage Content is rubbish by the way it still shows a download speed when the item is installing, use a proper download speed indicator.

If there is an issue with the server check here https://www.auran.com/planetauran/FTP_Status_Log.php?date=2022-11-09 which curiously is not showing any activity at all, something appears to be broken!

Just done a test here and getting 7.8MB/s which is around 67Mbps I'm on a 70Mbps download so seems OK here,despite the broken Server Graph!

Thank you. Now how do I fix all these "Unknown Asset" items? I purchased T 2022 as well, and some of the ones that come from Trainz are the same way. Not sure if this matters, but I am on an M1 Mac running Ventura.

Thank you. Now how do I fix all these "Unknown Asset" items? I purchased T 2022 as well, and some of the ones that come from Trainz are the same way. Not sure if this matters, but I am on an M1 Mac running Ventura.

Go to your My Trainz account and click on the Content Vault. Select on any and all items in there.

Go to the Content Store on the Launcher and download any and all DLC you are entitled to receive. Download a few items at a time because there's a lot of data and that can lock things up if there's too much content.

The Content Vault selection process is going away soon(tm) but it still has to be done periodically.

Once this completes, let us know and we can help you from there.

Thanks... working on it now.

I see that I own TANE 2019 & 2022... can the content be combined (the install locations)? I'm assuming not, but just curious.

Thanks... working on it now.

I see that I own TANE 2019 & 2022... can the content be combined (the install locations)? I'm assuming not, but just curious.

I'm glad you got TRS22 working.

You can but not directly. The built-in content is the same in both, so don't bother copying anything over from that. If you created any routes and sessions, though you can export that from TANE via Content Manager and install those in TRS22.

In Content Manager in T:ANE, find your route. You can search by the author by putting in #self in the author field. - Click on the small downfacing arrow to expand the filter. On the Right, click the plus to add. Then scroll the list.

On your route, right-click and choose export to CDP. You can optionally change the name.
After exporting, your file finder (explorer?) will open up. You can close that window.

Repeat for any other routes. and look for your sessions, if any, and repeat.

Once done, you can then import the CDPs into your TRS22.

Back