Configuration Help

chili46

I'm still on TRS19 and have a couple of issues that may have cropped up with SP5. I took a little time off to do some farming and am now back onboard. Here's the two issues I'm having:

1) When initially starting a session, I have a birds eye view of the engine I'm suppose to be driving. Annoying.

2) Again, when initially starting a session, the switch direction markers are active. Control-H turns them off. Annoying

Is there some configuration change I can do to have both of these go away?

TIA,
Chili

Hi Chili!

As far as the issues you’ve encountered,

1. Are you referring to the chase camera? If so, just hit 1 and you’ll be in the cab. If not, note that some sessions have cinematic cameras for effect (these only apply at the beginning though).

2. The switch overlays can also be disabled in the Display Menu. Untick the Junction Overlays box, and that should save in the future. I’m surprised that the overlays are visible in a session because they are usually disabled by default in the Session Rules.

I hope this helps.
Cheers, Tony

Hmm!

Is this a session you have created yourself? If yes, the only way to fix it is to resave the session once you have zoomed in and turned off the junction overlays. That's all it takes ;)

The "birds-eye" view is when I first bring up either a route or session in either editor or driver (for the session). Going to cab view (in driver) and back to chase does not change the camera setting of very high up directly above where I was (in driver or editor).

Tony, I see the tick mark for Junction Overlays in the session driver, but it's not in the editor. If I save the driver session, I cannot edit it in the future, I have to go back to the original session to do any editing.

Phil, saving the session (mine or anyone else's) does not make any difference.

The "birds-eye" view is when I first bring up either a route or session in either editor or driver (for the session). Going to cab view (in driver) and back to chase does not change the camera setting of very high up directly above where I was (in driver or editor).

Tony, I see the tick mark for Junction Overlays in the session driver, but it's not in the editor. If I save the driver session, I cannot edit it in the future, I have to go back to the original session to do any editing.

Phil, saving the session (mine or anyone else's) does not make any difference.
The bird's-eye view thing seems to be fixed in TRS22. I remember that being an issue in TRS19.

You can't hide the junction overlays in the Surveyor used in previous versions of Trainz right through to Plus Classic Surveyor. When using the new Surveyor 2.0, the spline points and the junction overlays are hidden. This is both a blessing and a curse due to the missing spline points making the placing of junctions and aligning track difficult.

Thanks, John. I haven't decided if I'm going to pull the trigger on 22 just yet. Between FarmingSimulator22 and RV camping, it's becoming a tougher decision. I'll need to look at the subscription thingy too. I'm not in a big hurry to shell out annual dollars if I'm not going to be playing it that much.

Back