config text files

danny5

join 1-1-2005
why do the words move out of place after i type in something-save and commit? when in driver i click on something I'll get a thread massage out of bounds.reopen config file what i have typed is out of place. try to help me.
Thanks Danny5

Simply place the cursor right before the line that has been moved....and use the space bar to move it back into placement...be careful not to delete a line, or part of a line, should you use the backspace button...this is where a handwritten log book comes in handy...if you mess something up, you can re-type the line in by hand.

Is this a 09 problem ?

Last edited:
Shifting

Is this an 09 problem ?
You can edit, and change that above wurdz speeling:eek:using the edit and A/A button...that is unless you really have something against Narrow Gauge (NG):hehe:

Last edited:
...you tell me....

why do the words move out of place after i type in something-save and commit? when in driver i click on something I'll get a thread massage out of bounds.reopen config file what i have typed is out of place. try to help me.
Thanks Danny5

:eek: No offense Danny, but study the structure, grammar, punctuation & spelling in your quoted sentence above...

The config file works the same way. There is a structure, punctuation can make all the difference in the world, misspelling a word could cause the asset to not show up in-game.

Grammer? Well bad grammer can prevent an attempt to help you in these forums....

Go figure...:eek:

The Content Creation Guide gives examples of config.txt files & there structure for many different assets. Study this until you are familiar with config files...you'll get the hang of it.

Last edited:
Nothing Against narrow gage.I am using 2006!
Sorry i was in a hurry and didn't stop to check it out. I know that everything is spelled right and put where it should be. I have typed it in and typed it to word pad Copy & pasted it still move after i save & commit.
Thanks Danny5

( hope you'll had lot of laughs, I did)

Danny5

Your problem is probably that you used Wordpad, Trainz can't read those files. Use Notepad or a text editor.

Peter

It's part of your operating system. Right-click on the config.txt file and choose "Open With ...". Then take a look at the list to find Notepad.exe. Check the box for "Always open this type of file with the program" and click OK.

Bill

files

I have tried everything to get this to work.Found notepad it didn't help.D/L Con text program it didn't help. I have cloned 100s of cars changed the config tet files to haul only one product and didn't have lines jump all over the place. Did this 3/4 months ago.
Thanks Danny5

Back