CLUB CAR: Program Overhaul

Mike said last night he'll get to the club car item in the next couple days. One good thing is, you know it will be something cool no matter what it is.

I am finishing it up now, so look for it very soon. I had a few minor details to fix prior to the MWG release. Very bad timing on my part! ;)

PS. I can say it's a locomotive.

Mike

I am a Club Car member, but I only see 6 assets there, not very much for paying $35 ... There used to be 7 or 9 assets, I think:eek:

And in Early Release's there is nothing

Last edited:
No, I dont remember that. I do remember there should be some early releases but hey, 6 assets FREE ​is better than 1 asset like what they started with. Also keep in mind this is for every month so each year they give us 12 assets for free that no one else can get and on top of that we get discounts and other great deals. my opinion its worth it.

I am a Club Car member, but I only see 6 assets there, not very much for paying $35 ... There used to be 7 or 9 assets, I think:eek:

And in Early Release's there is nothing
Yeah but there will be a free asset every month, year long discount, during sales we get a better discount, skype meetings with the JR crew. Thats a lot for $35 a year. Heck just getting the content that isn't available to anyone else has made the $35 worth it to me.

Did someone forget about the extra discounts having the membership gives you? Geez, make use of it while you have it. Extra discount during the discounted times was sweet.

Paul

You mean, if the Club Car items were offered for sale, you'd have, voluntarily and all by your own initiative, bought the CEFX loco? Let say, for $3 or $4 or $5? AND would you also have bought the lumberyard for $3 or $4 or $5? AND also the non-functional RS-1? And the other pieces of content that'll have been put out so far or by the time your membership is up?

Or, maybe let's look at it another way: Suppose the only thing you would have bought out of the Club Car exclusive area is, say, the CEFX loco. Would you pay $35 for it?

As for the discounts on regular content, will you make enough purchases to offset the $35 membership cost?

Club memberships often don't favor the customer. That's why they exist and are so popular. You have to do a lot of buying to break even, let alone get ahead, and much if not most of what you'd be buying isn't stuff you'd normally buy. That's why I gave up my Sam's Club membership and never looked back.

Mind you, this is not a criticism of the Club Car content. It's nice stuff, and, as a content creator myself, I appreciate the hard work that goes into each item. Furthermore, I've been a Club Car member since the program began. I'm just looking at it from a purely financial point-of-view.

Last edited:
I think some people get so caught up in the fact that they love JRs, they forget that they are a business and are out to make money. Nothing wrong with that at all its what makes the world go round. They have lots of great deals of course but if you step back and look at it for a minute you'll see that what they do benefit them as well. Anyways I'm off to play with some new content. :wave:

Sorry, but the $35 is more than worth it for what you are getting no matter how you look at it. The item has been updated.

Mike

Back