CityRail Project

I was previously going to do the East Hills line from Macarthur to Wolli Creek but I doubt i'll ever have enough time to do that long a stretch of track. Now if anything I can probably attempt to do the Macarthur - Glenfield section of track which is nearest to where I live so it should be easier to model scenery wise but not so much track and signal wise. I don't have any dem or track plans for the area but I may be able to find some... somewhere or somehow. :)

I do however have more interest in creating objects to use on the line such as modelling station buildings as that's what I would prefer to do to help with 3d design skills and such.

I was previously going to do the East Hills line from Macarthur to Wolli Creek but I doubt i'll ever have enough time to do that long a stretch of track. Now if anything I can probably attempt to do the Macarthur - Glenfield section of track which is nearest to where I live so it should be easier to model scenery wise but not so much track and signal wise. I don't have any dem or track plans for the area but I may be able to find some... somewhere or somehow. :)

I do however have more interest in creating objects to use on the line such as modelling station buildings as that's what I would prefer to do to help with 3d design skills and such.
Thanks for the post Deadly, I remember you where interested in this particular section of track. I am at the point now that with little interest from many others I am not willing to ask Jerker to do the "hard work" on the DEM file. It seems that many are willing to wait for Roy to finish his project and others are doing there own particular parts of the Sydney network without a DEM file (quite easy in many cases).

If your now more into creating content then you may wish to contact Roy on this thread here and see if you can help him.

Many thanks for your interest though.

Craig
:):):)

Ahh, no worries. :)

Thats a bummer with the little amount of interest with others. So now then, until more interest on this grows i'll just work on improving my 3d skills through creating/modelling the stations along the East Hills line and maybe someday we can use them in the real route if this is all brought back to life again.
As well as that though more CityRail content to add some more realistic scenes on the routes (such as the previous with the Ticket Machine and Sign-Post I made).

Also looking forward to Rjord1's route too!

Back