Can't unload at Factory

Wombat2

Hi everyone
I'm trying to set up an epic sized layout and one of the jobs is to unload lumber at a general goods factory (Factory8 GenGoods1). I have no trouble loading the finished general goods crates into boxcars but no matter what I do I can't make it unload lumber from any kind of flatcar or gondola on the other side of the building, where there is a sign to unload it. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong please?
I'm running the latest version TANE with all the updates and hotfixes.

I'm trying to set up an epic sized layout and one of the jobs is to unload lumber at a general goods factory (Factory8 GenGoods1). I have no trouble loading the finished general goods crates into boxcars but no matter what I do I can't make it unload lumber from any kind of flatcar or gondola on the other side of the building, where there is a sign to unload it.
If you post the KUID of the industry someone might have a look at it for you.
<kuid:58223:26181> Factory8 does not have any load/unload capability. Perhaps the loading is a separate MI asset, in which case the unloading sign might mean nothing.

Thanks for that, very strange because it used to work in earlier versions. Can anyone suggest another factory type of asset where I can load general goods or similar and unload lumber?

Thanks for that, very strange because it used to work in earlier versions. Can anyone suggest another factory type of asset where I can load general goods or similar and unload lumber?
Why not just add a suitable unload industry track where the sign currently is?

You haven't provided the information asked for. What is the KUID of the factory that you are doing the unloading at?

If it is <kuid:58223:26181> then the loading/unloading is actually occurring through a different asset, because that factory does not have product. From your description it might be two assets. In that case, the likely problem is that you have not configured the unload asset correctly. But without knowing what factory you are using it's just guesswork.

For BuilderBob: Adding an Industry track could work, I'll try it.
For SailorDan: According to the download station and my installed assets, the KUID is <kuid2:1942:27019:1> and the blurb says it is an interactive asset and can load and unload. Clicking on "properties" confirms that it can produce and receive.My problem is that it won't unload.
To make things even more difficult, the download station won't let me download anything and keeps telling me that I should check my MyTrainz log-in details.

Last edited:
According to the download station and my installed assets, the KUID is <kuid2:1942:27019:1> and the blurb says it is an interactive asset and can load and unload. Clicking on "properties" confirms that it can produce and receive.My problem is that it won't unload.
To make things even more difficult, the download station won't let me download anything and keeps telling me that I should check my MyTrainz log-in details.
You need to fix your account details before trying anything else.

That factory is configured for unloading lumber. However there are multiple lumber products, so you need to ensure that you are using a wagon that loads the correct lumber product, and that you have loaded it with the correct product. You must go by the KUID - the name is not sufficient. The correct product to unload at that factory is '<kuid:-25:988> Lumber'.

Note, of course, that T:ANE is very sensitive about how industry load/unload tracks are set up in the route, and you must be careful about such things as signals at ends of the spur, distances between signals, and distances between the unload track and junctions.

SailorDan, you helped out Wombat2 in July with his problem with Factory 8. I downloaded Factory 8 General goods Tane Edition kuid:204652:100661. In the config text file it shows lumber kuid:-3:10003. When I navigate a train to the factory it goes the the lumber track but does not unload the lumber. This factory had a lot of problems to attach track to the existing factory track. I finally got it all set and the general goods side works fine but the lumber does not. Any suggestions?

I am using the latest version of New Era 90946 on a Mac system.

Thanks

Back