cannot work this one out !!

dzien50

Further to my " turks castle " post. I decided to uninstall/reinstall trs 2006, I have all my layouts downloads etc on an exterior drive. I did the reinstall ( in accordance with guidelines etc ) and it opened ok just like the first time, I then proceeded to transfer my back ups to it to get back to where I was. It seemed to transfer ok, took about time I expected but when I then opened trainz it remained in its original state. I checked the properties of the local folder and its GB was the same as the back up ? so it appears to be there but is not when I go into the game.
Does anyone know what I might have missed/done wrong
If you need more info from me please ask
Thanks
PJ

Go to your Trainz folder, find assets.tdx, delete it. Check your cache file for assets.bku, probably not there on a new install, but if it is, delete it.
Start Trainz, or CMP, I prefer Trainz and wait while CMP rebuilds the database. CMP doesn't know that you've changed the local folder.
Norm

Hi Norm
Thanks I'm trying it now. I deleted assets file then started trainz but after first screen it went to the one before the choice of surveyor, driver etc and froze ? is this right ?
I was not sure so then went to cmp instead, it just opened but says please wait, and in bottom left hand box wait applying filter.
Are these things what I should be seeing ?
PJ

It's not frozen, CMP is rebuilding the database. I like starting Trainz as you have to wait until the surveyor, driver screen comes up. With starting CMP, if you mess with it, you get the error CMP not responding. You have to WAIT. Be patient.
Norm

Hi Norm
I'm going to try your suggestion today, one other point. the cmp now only shows current search, I've lost, installed, today, missing dependicies etc etc, any idea why this has happened ?
Cheers
PJ

Hi Norm
Quick update, I did what you said and it worked, however it only transfered about 90% of the Local folder ? but thats ok.
My main prob now is the cmp as stated in previous post.
Thanks for your help
PJ

Go to Settings in CMP, click on the Filters tab, then the button Reset to Default. Should show, as well as any custom ones you've saved. CMP apparently saves it's settings in the registry.
Norm

Hi Norm
Brilliant, Thanks again, you've been a great help on this and all now looks fairly good.
PJ

Back