Canadian Rocky Mountains 2011

todays night shots a homage to Dermmy

todays night shots are a homage to our dear trainzer friend Dermmy for his excellent work over the years and inspiration for most of us including me!
Thank you Andy you did and still DO a superb job with wonderful corners and views to sit and awe each tme I see them.
trainz 2012-10-11 14-51-24-45.jpg

trainz 2012-10-11 14-51-35-49.jpg

trainz 2012-10-12 15-17-33-11.jpg

trainz 2012-10-12 15-22-21-92.jpg

trainz 2012-10-12 15-23-05-84.jpg

trainz 2012-10-12 15-24-36-95.jpg

@Froobie: Dear Froobie thank you for sharing and guiding us! We are so proud with the so positive responses from so many trainzers and for sure will visit in the not to far future and see for real what we created here. Your comment makes us feel we not cheat on the winter as all objects and textures 3rd party are not seasonal so not work but I can call it early or late winter!
I have to ask David alias DMDRAKE if he allow me to make his gems residing in this route too to add winter on roofs and windows/doors gutters etc and replace the water tanks on the roofs(not really fit but...)

Roy,Ning;)

Last edited:
joosten (roy),
I follow this thread often and look at the screenshots and they are superb. When and if you release the route I may have to do a serious computer upgrade to run your fabulous route.
best regards
fran

Fran,

thank you for the warm support and do not worry about the computer as long as you follow N3V guidelines and see my specs and test in this thread a few times. Also I did run it on a laptop Acer Aspire from my son and that one was I think 4 years old and run nicely absolutely stunning and not expected. Yes in the beginning you have to play with settings.
One thing do I advice ANYONE to buy if not already done is an SSD which gives more boost than anything else hardware wise I can think of right now. Trainzers correct me if I am wrong.
The screenies now are a sort countdown to the launch of this route(s) just waiting :( for the website to get ready.

thanks again

Roy, Ning:cool:

Roy.
An SSD is the next on my list of to do's/will get.
My raptor drive is 75% loaded (with trainz) so more space is required.
Looking forward to the grand opening of your route.
fran.

fran,i also have 6GB ddr ram and geforce580 and i7 intel well anything near that would work perfect and smooth.Altough my routes are huge to some would call monster size, I call real size simple and straight forward and trainz of the next level.My concept of route design and objectz choice and handling is optimized in such a way that if handled careful with respect to hopping and jumping with allsliders open full it would still be very smooth to very good. Certain restrictions N3V put in place to support small computers (who uses a small comp anyway???) from crashing......I have seen routes stuttering and hanging from other trainzers not even 10% of my size soit proofs what and where you put stuff makes it work.Have great sundayRoy, Ning

The Drake has already granted me permission here on the forums to reskin his works, so send me a list Roy, and I'll see what can be done!

@Jan Dag ja man no boring moments that is the ultimate sign when even the creator gets excited every day all day and has to slow down in excitement, we fully agree here absolutely!!! Thanks for the post.

@Ed hi Ed yes i did send a pm to David and ask again like I did for 2006 to winterize some stuff. Tomorrow i will make a list of objects and email you a list and see what is feasible, thanks for the offer dear friend, Ning sends a virtual hug.
Now we go bowling and later today I tell you guess who won.....:cool:

warmest regards guys!

Ning n Roy:wave:

Last edited:
Roy I love the night shots of the Highway with the lights on the Guard Rails,so realistic.
Come to that, all of your route is realy stunning,must download it when it's available,my PC will handle it OK I think.
Norm.

hi Norm,
you touch the right point although only realistic when traffic light up the cat reflector eyes, but years ago I found this beautiful road barrier guard rail! Even though the look of the reflector is outdated the final effect each time I look from further away makes me sit and gaze!
Thank you on behalve of Ning and me (and Djoetje home alone) we are very pleased and surprised to receive so many nice and warm posts!
This week we should get further to the finish of the website but its like running a marathon backwards not seeing the finish but hear people shout very faint far distant .......watch your back Roy...... few more miles I guess.
I see you are a tram fan well the # 5 and biggest route I will release in this album of Canadian Rocky Mountains routes includes the greater Vancouver area (huge) and there you can run the Skytrain too, maybe we make a local fantasy of a horse tram or trolley for the downtown and harbour area....
Norm I think most people should not worry about the computer specs just get an SSD makes day and night difference really. I use Intel 520 series so far stunningly reliable.

Roy n Ning n Djoetje:wave:

NIng asked if ya'll getting bored by to many picts every day

i agree with Ning as i get a bad feeling this is complete overkill for to long.
It was meant to fill the gab till the guys finished the website in Maastricht but it seems as Ning said to me calm down your blood pressure!
My iron discipline and professionalism is hard to find in today's youth i must admit but for sure there are many out there to tap on the shoulder and say WELL DONE but this case I must say I get irritated and frustrated by the speed or lack of speed this few pages get's done. On top the Thai culture in bizz and sorts of things I am now waiting for ppal to get verified as it takes more than a week before a Thai bank wakes up and says you have mail. Lucky i have a strong heart otherwise i would not survive setting up this adventure out of the jungle here in Thailand.
I long for the good old time where you could nail things , slap on the table and get that job done on the double and work many times 24 hours running on strong coffee and andrenaline.
This is the first time i get someone else involved in my project making the website but he simply NOT reflects my way of working! Sorry for that inconvenience guys and .:(
Sometimes i just cry inside but I have to accept the many different speeds in the real world in Thailand and even outside in the old world.:eek:
Ok some more picts Ning said till you guys give the signal enough and we understand!

trainz 2012-10-13 12-27-03-56.jpg

trainz 2012-10-13 12-28-12-11.jpg

trainz 2012-10-13 12-29-41-95.jpg

trainz 2012-10-13 12-29-41-95.jpg

trainz 2012-10-13 12-32-22-50.jpg

trainz 2012-10-13 12-35-38-47.jpg

trainz 2012-10-13 18-42-39-58.jpg

Ning n Roy n Djoetje (very happy back home again):wave:

Last edited:
What they said. Even though I think your snow screens are very realistic I still prefer scenes with out the snow. Just my humble opinion. Thanks for sharing and hang in there. It will get done in due time and then we can all enjoy your work.

wow that is a fast post....
@Bob
@andy
@stouthm

thanks guys but really i am over the top frustrated got my thing done and than the website ppal you can guess Thai culture. ppal send a test to my bank day 11 and said max 4-6 days but we just called the bank and nothing arrived so probably end of the week before that thing might work and than send scuds to EU Maastricht to kick these boys to move on the double.:'(
Stouthm a few more winter picts as we get close to Rogers pass and these are really nice and i am already fiddling with multiple seasonal textures from 3rd to see field, water and other stuff also look little bit winterized. I just cannot say well its enough this is what you get. For me close to perfection is barely enough to get for sure a normal or good release out there because always you will oversee something tiny in a huge project, that is how things happen.
Andy you were my raw model years ago and thank you for that from the bottom of my heart. Although I not copy you just get that energy boost doing my thing look at a few picts at the start and than go for it with 'fingerspitzen gefuehl (german)" imagination, guts and joy, that's all.

till soon

Roy:wave:

Roy

Put Ning on a plane to Europe and get her to sort those lazy guys out. She takes no prisoners. If they don't co-operate, she will do some muay thai on them.

~ D

p.s. don't worry about too many pics. I'd like to see some more of Revelstoke at ground level (like walking around) and not necessarily near the tracks, just around the town itself.

Muay Thai and the day after

Lung Deane,

As much as we want to kick a....ses in EU ......who let the dog out nooooh we cannot do to risky.
We now have a luxury problem when running a consist anywhere also in snow we have to choose some picts pick for the day and once we choose the next one looks each time nicer...ouch!
So we have a few left now for the upcoming days and than change back to summer unless readers choose and prefer to stick with the snow for the season.
What i will do when at the other side of the Mc Donald tunnel going west i will mix and show like a before and after only changes the environment height and calender back and forth to snow no snow but same route that is what I call luxury too.

more picts to come
have a great day

Ning n Roy n Djoetje:wave:

Back