Caltrain?

Iced8383

Does anyone know of any Caltrain Locomotives or coaches around? I've been looking around and haven't found any.

Caltrain is the commuter train running in and around Los Angeles. Comparable to MARC, MBTA, Metro North and such. Ronaye, Iced wrote he has looked around, so I'm assuming he has (at least) taken a look there.

Iced: So far I've not seen any Caltrains on third-party sites, but Protrainz has a very similar Bombardier bi-level here. You might be interested in doing a reskin.

Cheerio,
Nicholas.

Do not trust Wikipedia! You can easily edit their articals to show the wrong answer or information.

You can trust Wikipedia. Any facts have to be supported with references. Anything incorrect is nearly always picked up very rapidly.

The old printed media have a vested commercial interest in discrediting Wikipedia. By doing so they are just discrediting themselves.

John

CityRail Trains

On a very different subject, does anyone know where I can get some Sydney CityRail trains from.I need a C class set, K class set, V class set and R & S class sets.

C Class

K Class​

V Class​

R & S Class set

P.S. I have the S class set and M class set (a modern one. I'm after old ones as shown here). They are all I could find in the way of CityRail trains on the DLS. Oh, and a CityRail Endeavour Explorer train. And, for some better CityRail Pics go to http://www.cityrail.info/aboutus/trains/index.jsp

Last edited:
Chris,

You might like to try these asset paks on the Razorback Railway site (all freeware):
  • City Rail Endeavour & Xplorer (but there's a problem with the Endeavours if a consist has two or more of the same vehicle)
  • Sydney Electric Trainz: B-Sets with various liveries, M-Sets, and S-Sets (Comeng, Goninan and Tulloch)
Sorry if you've already got all these or they are not of interest.

If you're not an RBR member you'll have to register which is free (leave any payment fields blank), then go to Downloads > RBR Other Assets > Asset Paks

HTH, John
(Sorry for straying further OT but he did ask :) )

Ronayne, if you go anywhere within the CityRail network, you can get some CityRail trains! :hehe:

Their are no V-Set for Trainz (not what I know of, hint, hint anybody who knows how to build them), but they are available in MSTS by the same person beloiw.

For some CityRail stuff, search for the username Chris Jennings.

Chris Jennings (don't think he's on here anymore though) has both a Goninan & Comeng S Set. Both of these can be used to simulate most older double decks, and both on the download station - when it works that is!

john259 said:
City Rail Endeavour & Xplorer (but there's a problem with the Endeavours if a consist has two or more of the same vehicle)
What problem, I don't seem to have trouble, not yet anyway?

For some CityRail stuff, search for the username Chris Jennings.
He made the ones in our Sydney electrics asset pak.
What problem, I don't seem to have trouble, not yet anyway?
Two or more Endeavour LE (TRS) kuid 60723:112 in the same consist give us a thread exception array out of bounds error at line 763 in the asset's gs script. Maybe we're using different versions? I'm not sure but I suspect the same problem applies with two or more TE's kuid 60723:111

John
ps Apologies to
Iced8383 for still being OT and not answering his original question.

Last edited:
Does anyone know of any Caltrain Locomotives or coaches around? I've been looking around and haven't found any.
Forget to mention, I don't suppose repainting a Superliner bi level would be acceptable, if you're looking for bi level carriages?

bi-level commuter cars

There are models of the former SP Pullman bi-levels used by CalTrain on the DLS. Do a description search for "SP PS Bi-level Commuter" with all the boxes checked.

Bernie

Last edited:
On a very different subject, does anyone know where I can get some Sydney CityRail trains from.I need a C class set, K class set, V class set and R & S class sets.

C Class

K Class​

V Class​

R & S Class set

P.S. I have the S class set and M class set (a modern one. I'm after old ones as shown here). They are all I could find in the way of CityRail trains on the DLS. Oh, and a CityRail Endeavour Explorer train. And, for some better CityRail Pics go to http://www.cityrail.info/aboutus/trains/index.jsp

Seriously, what does that have to do with US stuff(And junk.)

CalTrain runs from San Jose to San Fransisco. Can't remember if they go to Morgan Hill or Gilroy right off hand. They took over the passenger service from Southern Pacific back in the late 80s I think it was and continue passenger service today.

Bill

Caltrain is the commuter train running in and around Los Angeles. Comparable to MARC, MBTA, Metro North and such. Ronaye, Iced wrote he has looked around, so I'm assuming he has (at least) taken a look there.

Iced: So far I've not seen any Caltrains on third-party sites, but Protrainz has a very similar Bombardier bi-level here. You might be interested in doing a reskin.

Cheerio,
Nicholas.
I am creating Caltrain customs and I will release them. I'll reskin the GO Cab, GO Coach, SP PS Bi-Level commuter, and Make an MP36 model. I already made a Caltrain F40PH and will release it.

Back