Cajon Pass WIP

A bit of stretch, since I was thinking of a factory or convenience store or some such. However, I have downloaded several pictures of the structure, and MAY be able to do something similar. I'll post back if I put something together I'm not too embarrassed to upload.

ok, thanks so much!

Hey man. Good route. Keep it up. I have a question to you.
Where do you get all the info to make this route??
I want to make one Cajon Pass of the 90/95s years and i want to get info.
If you can help me. I have knowledge of 3d so i can make rolling stock and content for the route that you can use later, like barstow and other stations

Thx

Dang. I've looked around for this route for a while, as I took a trip through the area over the last summer and that my friend is VERY VERY awesome.
two things though
1) how far east of Barstow will this go?
2) are you going to scratchbuild the Railroad themed Mcdonalds on the East side of the bridge in Barstow?

Hey man. Good route. Keep it up. I have a question to you.
Where do you get all the info to make this route??
I want to make one Cajon Pass of the 90/95s years and i want to get info.
If you can help me. I have knowledge of 3d so i can make rolling stock and content for the route that you can use later, like barstow and other stations

Thx

I build my routes using DEM terrain with a mixture of Google Earth and Wikipedia. A trick I use that works for me is I open Google Earth on my iPad and set it in front of me while I work on trainz on my computer...it keeps the real world and the trainz world just a few inches apart, if you get what I'm saying :hehe:

If you want to make the Barstow railroad museum and the San Bernardino train station for your route....and for me.....that would be awesome.:D

Dang. I've looked around for this route for a while, as I took a trip through the area over the last summer and that my friend is VERY VERY awesome.
two things though
1) how far east of Barstow will this go?
2) are you going to scratchbuild the Railroad themed Mcdonalds on the East side of the bridge in Barstow?

1) It goes just east of Barstow to where Interstate 40 parallels the railway.

2) I didn't know there was a RR themed McDonalds! Unless someone else will make the asset, then I wouldn't have it. Unfortunately, there are so many tracks around Barstow that I'm going to have to go really lite on scenery so fps won't crawl like a scorpion in the Mojave desert...

Any progress?

Not really, did a little work around San Bernardino today...you know it's probably going to be early next year before I'm totally finished. I wouldn't worry about it because as the saying goes, "if you watch the water heat up it'll never boil." :)

warning big picture

1) It goes just east of Barstow to where Interstate 40 parallels the railway.

2) I didn't know there was a RR themed McDonalds! Unless someone else will make the asset, then I wouldn't have it. Unfortunately, there are so many tracks around Barstow that I'm going to have to go really lite on scenery so fps won't crawl like a scorpion in the Mojave desert...

gotta do the (second) most iconic RR building in Barstow at the very least :p
2280702453_3cd8598121.jpg

They gutted the poor cars though :( I've been there its probably my second most favorite favorite part of the trip I took. first most was seeing the Ringling BrosRX Circus train

Did a little more work around San Bernardino today...
wridenour_20111027_0000.jpg
If you need any help (not sure how I could help as I have little knowledge in anything) even with just how proto it is let me know :)

EDIT: I can tell you how proto the line along the 66 in Jasper, Barstow, and Dagget is I don't know much about San Bernadino to Jasper

Last edited:
Just to make sure you are aware if you didn't know already the north tracks @ barstow (not sure on south track [north and south relative to each other]) are bi directional. at least they have the signaling for both directions.

I can help lay streets and such (the stuff that I can't break XD) <s>and if you don't have them already I'd be willing to install temp signals for semi to accurate placement from Cajon summit to Dagget or however far west the route goes</s> nvm :)
If you need a beta tester or someone to look over how proto it is I can help otherwise I'm kinda up the creek.
Does anyone who lives in the area know what the cars @ Barstow Station (the mcdonalds) are? they kind of looked like horizons to me but I'm not 100% sure

Last edited:
Back